Lapdock?

techdan00

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Any shots out there of the bionic with the lapdock? Is it the same as the atrix or is there any new form factors or functionality?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Has there been any more information released regarding the Lapdock on Verizons network? I've been reading reviews about the Atrix lapdock as i'm sure the Bionic lapdock is the same thing and i'm concerned about the whole 'requiring a tethering plan' BS that AT&T was doing. If they end up doing that its technically a plan change and any grandfathering you've got going on would be lost if you were to have to switch to a tethering plan. This is of course assuming you plan on using it when no WiFi is available.

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
My understanding is that you would need a tethering plan for the Lapdock, which is 250% ridiculous... If that's the case, then I seriously want to find a way to use the HD dock or Webtop adapter and plug the HDMI into a laptop or Tablet, then there is no need for the Lapdock.

SnydersWeb

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that VZW isn't dumb enough to do this. With some of the other WebTop accessories they are making available for this phone, wouldn't they need to sell tethering w/those as well. Part of me is just waiting see what they do when they do it.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that VZW isn't dumb enough to do this. With some of the other WebTop accessories they are making available for this phone, wouldn't they need to sell tethering w/those as well. Part of me is just waiting see what they do when they do it.

Exactly what I was thinking. If they don't require a tethering plan with the webtop adapter then they would be dumb to try and require it with the lapdock. I'd use the lapdock 'not on wifi' very rarely so would be a real waste of money

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Another thing I was wondering. They have the Webtop adapter and the Lapdock... Both the adapter and the Lapdock both plug in via both HDMI and USB at the same time. I wonder if one were to get a cable that would go from USB on the phone to USB on the lapdock and then go from HDMI on the phone to HDMI on a TV.... if that would ALSO act as a webtop adapter. Basically feed the video to the TV instead of the lapdock. hrmm.. things to ponder. lol

Specifically, a cable like this for USB. Assuming the plug would fit in the lapdock where the phone would normally be:
http://www.angledcables.com/microb-extension.html

Brian

Last edited: