How are these ICS builds on the Bionic?

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I went and took the plunge with my Xoom, even wrote a how to on taking the ICS plunge that is stickied down there. I love the ICS on the Xoom. I am thinking of rooting and ROMing my Bionic for the first time. I typically don't go out and root my phone because I like my phones a LOT and don't want something bad to happen to them. SO... couple questions if you guys don't mind.

1. If you're a Xoom owner that has gone up to ICS and a Bionic owner that has ICS, was the jump in performance from HC to ICS that the Xoom found the same as going ICS on your Bionic?

2. What was the process like? Long, tedious? Dangerous? Easily mistaken? Those kinds of things.

3. Is it worth picking up any of these builds? Are we looking at pre-Alpha releases that really shouldn't be used by anyone because they suck? Or, are we looking at fully functional, slight bug, RC's that are just being held up by Big Red's bloating tactics?

4. If you have gone ICS and then back, why? Was it hard?

5. How is your day? No one cares about the actual posters, they just want information... so not personal!

Thanks for any information you have for me. Feel free to bring more information other than what is asked for.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I personally didnt find any increase in performance by going to ICS from GB. But im sure some will swear theres a big increase.

Process is extremely simple if your already rooted. make a nandroid backup > download the ROM > wipe data, cache, dalvik, format system > install. takes about 30minutes to do it all.

I have been using my stock ROM more than my ICS ROM. only because at this point ICS builds arent completely stable and enough of my apps arent working properly on it to keep me from using it regularly. This is understandable considering these roms are still in apha/beta stage and I didnt expect them to be complete (you should expect some bugs if you take the plunge)

If you dont have it already I suggest getting safestrap, this will allow you to have two ROMS on your phone. Your stock ROM and a custom ROM of your choosing. You can toggle between the two if you get bored or something goes wrong.

Reactions: BasPilot

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Oh interesting, I didn't know there was a ROM switching program. Is that all android? I guess I can look that up. I think I want to do that! Thanks. Good information there. You pretty much answered everything the way I have been reading it.

I will wait for now though, I really like my phone to... uh... work? LOL

Thanks again.

mbentley3

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Glad to help. Youtube bionic safestrap and you will find a few videos on how to install it. Its the safest way to try out custom ROMs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87