getting tired of the HUB

• Thread starter Deleted member 2678566
  • Start date

chain13

Trusted Member
Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
It's so buggy. Is there anything equivalent to Apple's Mail because I don't just use Gmail and I don't want multiple apps like Yahoo and Gmail activated

Posted via the Android Central App
I've been using outlook for managing my emails and calendar, it syncs perfectly with my computer.
As for everything else (social notifications), I left it in android notifications. I just don't want them messing with my mail accounts.
Really duplicate notifications are pain..

treo_knight

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Have a corporate Exchange account setup through IBM Traveler. It sometimes shows "Account Syncing" for hours at a time. The Hub at these times is a plain white screen - no messages at all.

The corporate account is not the root of the problem. It syncs flawlessly on other devices. Even on the same device (Priv) I setup the same account in Outlook and it syncs perfectly. So the problem is the Hub.

Norg

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Have a corporate Exchange account setup through IBM Traveler. It sometimes shows "Account Syncing" for hours at a time. The Hub at these times is a plain white screen - no messages at all.

The corporate account is not the root of the problem. It syncs flawlessly on other devices. Even on the same device (Priv) I setup the same account in Outlook and it syncs perfectly. So the problem is the Hub.
I've had my corporate EAS account set up for months without any perceived issues. Perhaps uninstall the core App and try again.... just my 50¢.

Bold9930

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
We'd be happy to take any feedback for Hub if you're looking for changes or fixes. Thanks!

I use BB Hub on my Galaxy S7. Love that I can get all email accounts, Whatsapp and other text apps show up. Is there a way to show the number of new messages embedded into the Hub icon? Most other email apps will show number of new messages on the edge of the app icon for quick reference. I guess with a Hub concept, it become more of a challenge to determine which email account or text account get the priority, but that would be a nice addition from a functional perspective - decide which account to show number of new messages - email accounts, text accounts, etc.

Cheers!

Bold9930

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
I've been using outlook for managing my emails and calendar, it syncs perfectly with my computer.
As for everything else (social notifications), I left it in android notifications. I just don't want them messing with my mail accounts.
Really duplicate notifications are pain..

I use Google calendar with Hub as I feel it's good. I'm glad Hub supports using whichever calendar I choose.

chain13

Trusted Member
Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I use Google calendar with Hub as I feel it's good. I'm glad Hub supports using whichever calendar I choose.

I've been using hub for a month and I could say it doesn't suit me. Some apps has double notification, mark as read in hub doesn't make the related app do the same. Sometimes my default email app shows the new incoming mails earlier than hub (maybe default email app is more integrated to the OS). Managing different kind of notifications (message, mention, hashtag etc) doesn't make the hub recognize which one is (more) important.
I think it's getting better than the last one I tried when I was still in lollipop. But it's still lack of key features and not perfectly baked/integrated into the OS. Also, a big no for me is it eats amount of ram.

texn884

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
HOw do I get the outlook emails to sync in the Hub on my Note 5?

I get the alert: ACTION REQUIRED TO SYNC EMAIL!

CBmanJWS

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
We'd be happy to take any feedback for Hub if you're looking for changes or fixes. Thanks!
Hello! I'm subscribed to the Hub+; while that's OK I guess, I hope that BlackBerry would consider offering a one-time Lifetime Subscription fee of, say, $20 per app? I would be glad to pay such a fee...I CAN'T STAND ADS!

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So what's the deal with this app? I've been trying to use it on my S7E singer I got it back in October, but it's sends like a movie letdown. I have all my messages set to push asap, but I don't get them for almost an hour or sometimes more or I have to manually refresh folders to see any new messages. And even then I don't see the messages, just blank pages, like in this pic. 7391.jpg

Im up to date on versions, but I am still on the free version. How does BlackBerry expect me to pay monthly for this app when it's not even a complete app!?

Anyone know what might be the issue?

ggendel

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this problem with some activeSync accounts in the past, but now the Hub+ seems to be solid with these. It sounds like the Hub is getting hung up trying to sync with one (or more) accounts. Sometimes a badly formatted MIME section can do this. I would remove all your accounts and add them one at a time and see which is the culprit.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I've seen this problem with some activeSync accounts in the past, but now the Hub+ seems to be solid with these. It sounds like the Hub is getting hung up trying to sync with one (or more) accounts. Sometimes a badly formatted MIME section can do this. I would remove all your accounts and add them one at a time and see which is the culprit.

Thanks for the input!! This is actually me gmail account. I guess I can try to remove it and see if it comes back.

kidkamel

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using the HUB on my Pixel. I have multiple accounts from different email clients and they all work with no delays at all. Went from the Priv to the Note and now on the Pixel. Very pleased with it.

darwincruz20

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using the HUB on my Pixel. I have multiple accounts from different email clients and they all work with no delays at all. Went from the Priv to the Note and now on the Pixel. Very pleased with it.

Is the Hub the only BlackBerry App you have installed on your smartphone?

kidkamel

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Is the Hub the only BlackBerry App you have installed on your smartphone?

Currently on my Pixel, yes. I've been tossing back and forth about the other apps but I'm happy with what my Pixel has to offer.

When I switched from the Priv to the Note I was using majority of the apps. Launcher, keyboard, calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks as I disliked what Samsung had to offer with TouchWiz.

jackcarr

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I came from a BlackBerry Passport and I like the Android Hub + app. It actually has a few things that the native BB10 Hub doesn't. From what I understand, they are continuing to improve on it as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch