Blu Vivo 5 & Amazon

DryPowder

Mar 11, 2016
Visit site
A friend at T-Mobile suggested I check out this phone. So I logged into Amazon and found it advertised on back-order for $199.99 on Feb 29th. It arrived Mar 7. Very happy with the purchase so far. On Mar 9 I went back to Amazon to order a second phone. Inventory status showed something like "unavailable and uncertain it will become available again". Three hours later on that same day Amazon had updated the inventory status to something shorter and more definite indicating they would NOT be getting the item in stock again, but had links to 3rd party sellers who'd listed the item for around $350! Today I checked again and status simply says "currently unavailable", no links to 3rd party sellers.

Anyone know what's going on?

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Dont know why but Best Buy sells them too. Also, this is a rebranded Gionee S6 just in case you want to look for it outside the USA.

I love this phone. At $200 bucks its a steal.

Posted via the Android Central App

iFalcon

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I can't find a place to even order this phone. Not listed on Amazon now other than a reseller for about 400.

Any thoughts?

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
A friend at T-Mobile suggested I check out this phone. So I logged into Amazon and found it advertised on back-order for $199.99 on Feb 29th. It arrived Mar 7. Very happy with the purchase so far. On Mar 9 I went back to Amazon to order a second phone. Inventory status showed something like "unavailable and uncertain it will become available again". Three hours later on that same day Amazon had updated the inventory status to something shorter and more definite indicating they would NOT be getting the item in stock again, but had links to 3rd party sellers who'd listed the item for around $350! Today I checked again and status simply says "currently unavailable", no links to 3rd party sellers.

Anyone know what's going on?

I think Blu has underestimated how many people want to buy decently spec'ed low price phones. They are not ordering or sending out enough inventory to keep up with demand. I luckily ordered 2 Blu Vivo XL's on launch day and go them. Now I can find them anywhere. Hopefully the people over at Blu are learning from this.

Viktor Shevchenko

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I think Blu has underestimated how many people want to buy decently spec'ed low price phones. They are not ordering or sending out enough inventory to keep up with demand. I luckily ordered 2 Blu Vivo XL's on launch day and go them. Now I can find them anywhere. Hopefully the people over at Blu are learning from this.

TonytheEE

Feb 12, 2016
Visit site
They are back in stock now, but the Life One X is now gone after having a $50 discount yesterday. That was the phone I actually wanted. Only 3rd party resellers. Anyone know what's up?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana