Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Charger not working properly

Hi
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3..just 1 month before it was getting charged properly..But now its taking almost an hour to charge to 1 %. But then I tried charging using my computer with the usb cable.....Then its charging perfectly, Its also charging perfectly when I tried charging my phone with Nokia Lumia and Xperia J chargers.....Can some body please help me on this issue
    After this incident I went to the Samsung service centre .They told me that its the problem with my adapter and got my adapter and usb cable replaced . And so my phone was charging properly with the new charger almost for 3 moinths. Now again the problem happened.Although I have plugged it into charging for almost one day,my phone was not at all charging even for 1 percentage. Then finally I connected my phone to my laptop using USB cable and now it started charging. I am very confused about what could be the reason ?Is there any problem with the phone that,this issue is occuring again and again Please suggest a solution
    Last edited by aparnapr121; 01-10-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM/CyanogenMod 10

Default Re: Charger not working properly

Quote Originally Posted by aparnapr121 View Post
    Hi
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S3..just 1 month before it was getting charged properly..But now its taking almost an hour to charge to 1 %. But then I tried charging using my computer with the usb cable.....Then its charging perfectly, Its also charging perfectly when I tried charging my phone with Nokia Lumia and Xperia J chargers.....Can some body please help me on this issue
    So, it works with all your chargers except your OEM Samsung Charger (the one that came with your S3), am I correct?

If other MicroUSB chargers work fine with it, it should be a flaw with your S3 Charger.
    I`m alive
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Even I suppose the problem is the same.....Can I get waarrantee on the charger?

Global Posts
    742 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ROM/CyanogenMod 10

Even I suppose the problem is the same.....Can I get waarrantee on the charger?
    So the charger other chargers don`t charge it either?

As on the warranty, it depends where you bought and where you bought it.
    I`m alive
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I'm not following the problem. When does it charge properly and when does it cause problems? As for warranty, if it's under a year since purchase them it should be covered. Most carriers might just give you a new charger if you ask politely :-).

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Global Posts
    13,824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

I am inclined to agree with magnus. Ask for a charger first. If you are still having issues..it is the device USB port.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Post edited. Please have a look at it. The phone doesnt charge when I charge it using the adapter and plug it into the socket. But when I connect my phone to the laptop,it is chargin slowly.

Global Posts
    13,824 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Post edited. Please have a look at it. The phone doesnt charge when I charge it using the adapter and plug it into the socket. But when I connect my phone to the laptop,it is chargin slowly.
    Might see like a dumb idea, but maybe a different wall socket?

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

I have tried that also. Its not at all charging. I wonder what might be the reason. because its charging in a quite okay manner when connected with my PC. Its been only 7 months i bought my phone n this is my 2nd charger