Why does my battery suddenly drop at 40?

A

AC Question

why does my battery suddepnly drops at 40%

I charged my battery to 100% but after it goes to 40% it suddenly drops to a certain amount and it drains realy quick. It always happen to me

Klark Moses

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: why does my battery suddepnly drops at 40%

Btw this is my thread and i will you show a photo of my battery report to make it more understandable.Screenshot_2015-05-21-00-42-35.png

Klark Moses

May 20, 2015
Visit site

Hey mav. Its a samsung s duos. I did not have a problem with my past battery but since i changed the battery, i have this problems since then

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Two potential causes. 1) your battery calibration is messed up and your phone isn't displaying the percentage properly or 2) your battery is faulty.

If you have root access, there are some battery calibration apps in the Play Store... they pretty much clear the internal mapping that the phone uses to determine what to report to you, the user.

You say you switched the battery... maybe the new battery is defective.

Klark Moses

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I dont think my battery is defective because i changed iy many time using warranty and i still got the same problem. Any app suggestion to download?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you've swapped in different batteries and have run into the same issue.... that's not a good sign.... you phone's power subsystem might be screwed up and there really isn't an app that can fix that (phone would need to be serviced/replaces)

I just read a bit from a Google engineer that those battery calibration apps are useless.

Klark Moses

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I think my battery calibration is at fault here. My battery runs up to 10-13 hours just likr before. Bad thing i just dont really know when will my battery die. Thanks for the help

Aeon Angel

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

Yeah there all useless. Which is stupid since a lot of the get ratings of 4☆'s or higher. Lies... :-/

Posted via the Android Central App

Aeon Angel

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site

It'll do that then go back to draining. Mine has gone from 67% - 57% in 5 minutes!

Posted via the Android Central App