Droid Bionic Case Found at meijers in Indianapolis

Pratt4321

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Now that is the case!!!

Also Check this out!!!
Guangzhou Qingxi Electrical Equipment Factory
I thought those pics looked photoshopped,Look at the haptic button light glow on the two pics, they are the same :(
droidbionicreviews-leak2.jpg

1309578468836890.jpg

However exciting this looks, i dont think they actually got ahold of a test model. i think they just geusstimated :/

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Idk that seems to have a sort of hump like was on the targa. All the leaked pics of the bionic showed it not having the hump like the droid x. Guess only time will tell.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought those pics looked photoshopped,Look at the haptic button light glow on the two pics, they are the same :(
droidbionicreviews-leak2.jpg

1309578468836890.jpg

However exciting this looks, i dont think they actually got ahold of a test model. i think they just geusstimated :/

Pretty sure they didnt just guesstimate to make a case lol they arent a company that would risk it not being right. I think they were probably sent the specifications from moto and that is how they made them. They dont just pull a leaked pic of the internet and say lets measure this up and make a case. If they did that and sold it to people and it didnt fit they would get a bad rep and lose potential sales. not to mention it is clearly just a photoshop to show it in the case I mean look the pic in the case is missing the vzw logo on the bottom. That is nothing new for the phone just to be photoshopped into the case to show what it will look like.

DF400ex

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site

Well, I firmly disagree. I think it is actually the other way around. I think the pic with the case was built off the test unit photos. I threw these in the Image Error Level Analysis tool (links below) to confirm.

The first is the test photo, and as you can see the only modification to the image is the date that was added by the camera. The second image is of the phone in the case. This image has been heavily modified. So... forensically speaking, the test unit photo appears to be an actual photo way beyond a reasonable doubt.

Forensic Error Level Analysis Results for http://www.droidbion...

Forensic Error Level Analysis Results for http://www.gzqingxi....

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I work in manufacturing and mold making. I actually do all of our quoting. No company in the world can or would guess at a mold for a custom fit case. They must have a blue print or a sample to go by. Being off by .0020 in any direction would cause major fitment issues. Not to mention the cheapest mold we have ever made cost 80,000 bucks. We just finished a mold for plastic coat hangers that was 1.6 million.

Pratt4321

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough, i didnt really think that thought fully through before i said it haha. I just wanted to point out that they pulled the image for the second into the first. Well i guess this is very good news, if the case manufacturers are getting dimension specs then we should be getting a phone soon. Sorry to waste everyones time by not thinking things through.

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Fair enough, i didnt really think that thought fully through before i said it haha. I just wanted to point out that they pulled the image for the second into the first. Well i guess this is very good news, if the case manufacturers are getting dimension specs then we should be getting a phone soon. Sorry to waste everyones time by not thinking things through.

no biggie. The only thing that worries me is they had cases for the old bionic before it was released and then it got scrapped.

Pratt4321

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am right there with you :/ but i don't really think moto can afford a set back. Most people, myself included, will just wait to see what Q4 has to offer if the bionic is indeed pushed back to sept. 1

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I am right there with you :/ but i don't really think moto can afford a set back. Most people, myself included, will just wait to see what Q4 has to offer if the bionic is indeed pushed back to sept. 1

I agree I think moto is feeling the heat and realize the longer they wait the more customers they are losing. This phone should have been out before aug I mean with the looming release of the i5, sgs2 and possibly new nexus plus what else comes in the next few months people will just wait if it gets pushed into sept.

droidify

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Holy smokes!! I would have never guessed that figure. I could see 100K but 1.6MIL USD? Dang.....

It makes 16 at a time. Most molds are large enough to make at least a dozen products at once otherwise your cell phone case would cost a fortune. I would say the average mold is about the size of a ping pong table.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11