New pictures of the Bionic!

redraider133

Banned
Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Has any info come out from the people taking these pictures about the screen? Pentile or not? I'm assuming the worst, but... hope...

(I have seen them in person, they are as awful as everyone says. Call me picky, I don't care.)

Pentile but said to have less ghosting than on other models (droid 3/x2)

clearrants

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I think the 'less ghosting' comment was made about the Photon display.

Well, according to Kellex from DL's "homie", the Bionic has less ghosting than the D3/X2 as well:

And on a related note, our homie mentioned that the device definitely has the same screen as the DROIDX2 and DROID3, but for whatever reason there was far less ghosting. He also said that the device was way lighter and more responsive than expected.

Source: DROID Bionic Poses for New Photo, More Than Likely Headed for ?Early September? Launch - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, according to Kellex from DL's "homie", the Bionic has less ghosting than the D3/X2 as well:

Source: DROID Bionic Poses for New Photo, More Than Likely Headed for ?Early September? Launch - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

I don't like Kellex's "homies" very much. They lied to me a few weeks ago about an August 4th release lol. And Kellex is the guy that started the whole "Pentile is terrible" thing but he admits to himself that the Droid 3 is usable. I think he's just trying to write off Motorola's new screens. But I have yet to see one...and I've meant to go down to the Verizon store sometime. But then again it can't be any worse than the screen on my current phone.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I got a rather basic question. We all know that its a dual core phone, at 1ghz. Now does that mean its 1ghz per core for a total of 2ghz, or .5ghz for a total of 1?

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I got a rather basic question. We all know that its a dual core phone, at 1ghz. Now does that mean its 1ghz per core for a total of 2ghz, or .5ghz for a total of 1?

Each core is clocked at 1GHz. The only way for it to perform as fast as a 2GHz single core processor is to utilize 100% power from each processor on a single task.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
So if I have an app that is developed for single core is it going to use only one of the cores or is the operating system smart enough to distribute it's between the two cores? - What decides which core is going to handle it. Or is it that the screen presentations will always go to a specific processor? I am clueless- I know.

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Someone with much more technical jargon will answer this more clearly, but your app will default to using the 'first' core as its not even aware of the 2nd one. That isn't to say thats a terrible thing as becuase the OS should be more than capable of dual-core usage, if your app is using most of core 1, i'd like to believe that core 2 would be 'free' to keep the other systems running nice 'n fast. I'm just tired and can't think straight so i'll just leave it at this crappy explanation :)

uiil

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Very, very few programs a written to be able to be run on more than one processor ( either one core of a dual core cpu, or one cpu out of hundreds in a supercomputer ).

Parallel processing is usually confined to intense situations like weather pattern simulations or finite element analysis.

skyhigh16#AC

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I think it looks baller! That metal lip will most certainly open beer bottles to boot. My x has a plastic lip and doesn't seem to work well for this feature.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
So if I have an app that is developed for single core is it going to use only one of the cores or is the operating system smart enough to distribute it's between the two cores? - What decides which core is going to handle it. Or is it that the screen presentations will always go to a specific processor? I am clueless- I know.
Gingerbread is not designed to utilize 2 cores. Some apps can be specially coded to do so. From personal experience, going from a DX to a DX2 (both on GB) was very minor (except for the crappy pentile display on the DX2)

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
Someone with much more technical jargon will answer this more clearly, but your app will default to using the 'first' core as its not even aware of the 2nd one. That isn't to say thats a terrible thing as becuase the OS should be more than capable of dual-core usage, if your app is using most of core 1, i'd like to believe that core 2 would be 'free' to keep the other systems running nice 'n fast. I'm just tired and can't think straight so i'll just leave it at this crappy explanation :)
No. Gingerbread is not designed for multiple cores.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87