Preorders and the 4g sim card.

hvalergir

May 3, 2011
Visit site
DL has uncovered a page certifying Sept 8 as the all-channels launch date. This likely means that Sept 1 (tomorrow!!!) is a go for pre-orders. When you pre-order a 4g phone like this, do they send a 4g sim card with it, or is this something you need to stop into a VZW store to get setup?

Thanks,

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Oh. Yeah who knows, we'll see tomorrow I'm not quite buying the no pre-orders thing yet (just trying to stay optimistic maybe :) )

But yeah you don't have to go to a store, when you eventually order it it will arrive with the SIM and everything

Reactions: hvalergir

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
If there is no preorder I am going to be mad. I had planned on having the Bionic in my hands by Friday NOT next Thursday

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yea, I'm really hoping for a pre-order, as well. I mean come on, we've waited long enough. Just release it to people willing to give you money already! :D

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
Exactly. It would cost Verizon SOOOOO much less if they let me pre-order now and send me a tracking number ASAP cuz then all my bandwidth would be directed to Fedex's website instead! come on!! lol

mjforte

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe it'd be up at around 1AM PST at least that's how it was for the Droid 3. You know something I noticed, none of the other 4G phones for Verizon had preorders either so maybe it shouldn't be such a surprise the Bionic doesn't. I'm still hoping it does though.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I believe it'd be up at around 1AM PST at least that's how it was for the Droid 3. You know something I noticed, none of the other 4G phones for Verizon had preorders either so maybe it shouldn't be such a surprise the Bionic doesn't. I'm still hoping it does though.

Yuck. I guess I'll check in the morning if that's the case! :)

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com
And I assume this:

Droid Bionic - Verizon Wireless

is where we'd find it if they do pre-orders? I've never pre-ordered on VZW's site before so it's a new experience to me, as well. Still rockin' my OG Droid that I went into the store as soon as they opened to get. I'd rather take the easy approach this time AND get it early. :)

I'm just calling VZW and ordering it via phone. I'd hope the link you posted would be where you could click a 'buy now' button or something to that effect though.

Reactions: SamuriHL

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Well if they don't do a pre-order, it's not the end of the world right? Costco will be getting a good amount of extra business :p

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If they don't do a pre-order, I'm most likely getting mine at best buy next Thursday. I think I get extra reward zone points if I buy it there anyway, but, honestly, if the pre-order is up later tonight or tomorrow morning, I'm there. I'm DONE waiting.

Soapinmouth

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Why do so many people order online? I know I like getting my new phone asap and I show up at the store opening, is it like a nerdy can't go out in the light thing, or is there some advantage?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk