Preorders and the 4g sim card.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Why do so many people order online? I know I like getting my new phone asap and I show up at the store opening, is it like a nerdy can't go out in the light thing, or is there some advantage?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

If they do a pre-order, we'll get it BEFORE the 8th. That'd be the point. :)

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
If you pre order do you ever get it before launch -- I leave for vacation the morning of the 8th!

Well that sucks then! If there is a pre-order, you COULD get it before the 8th, but in your situation it always seems like you get it the day you leave. I always get packages the day I leave for something.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Why do so many people order online? I know I like getting my new phone asap and I show up at the store opening, is it like a nerdy can't go out in the light thing, or is there some advantage?

I think most are just hoping to pre-order online. I know I will personally be driving my butt up to VZW the morning of release if pre-orders aren't happening.

rsantos97

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I like to order online because I get to open the box myself for the first time and activate it myself as-well, instead of having one of the rep who doesn't know much about the phone fumbling with it to put the battery in it and trying to push accessories that I don't want.

The last phone I got at the vzw store was the og droid on release day and I remember the sales lady trying to pry the battery cover off for a couple of minutes. It looked like she was going to break the damn thing. After that I ordered my Doid x and iPhone 4 online no hassle and more importly, no worries of it getting manhandled by a clueless rep.

edoublediz

Banned
Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I like to order online because I get to open the box myself for the first time and activate it myself as-well, instead of having one of the rep who doesn't know much about the phone fumbling with it to put the battery in it and trying to push accessories that I don't want.

The last phone I got at the vzw store was the og droid on release day and I remember the sales lady trying to pry the battery cover off for a couple of minutes. It looked like she was going to break the damn thing. After that I ordered my Doid x and iPhone 4 online no hassle and more importly, no worries of it getting manhandled by a clueless rep.

somebody ban this guy!!!!! iphone what? :)

ChevyNovaLN

Jul 24, 2011
www.ChevyNovaLN.com

What? You've never purchased an apple product for the sole purpose of destroying it in front of an Apple Fanboy? I couldn't stop laughing at all the hate mail, death threats, etc.... that Tosh.0 got when he got an early iPad and proceeded to hit it with a golf club while standing on his table. SOOOOO funny haha

Back on topic. 'possibly' 1 hour and 53 minutes to wait till pre-order time. Wooot!

rsantos97

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I actualy was suppose to get the Thunderbolt but after playing with the iPhone I couldn't get past how beautiful the screen was especially compared to the Thunderbolt. I was a big time iphone hater until I actually got to play with one. I actually had a better experience with the iPhone than with either of my two Droids. The reason I am getting the Bionic though is because I want a bigger screen and I need my task manager widget, and I also want 4g. And of course because I like getting new phones. I will more than likely end up getting another phone in October also.

comiskeybum

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
At this point i doubt there is a pre order. Kellex over at droid life said he had a source tell him no. Another source at howardforums said no as well. Not to mention someone said none of the 4G phones have had pre orders.

It would be nice to get overnight shipping and have it friday tho! we can hope!!

comiskeybum

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hell yeah, i'm off work on Friday and would be HAPPY to wait impatiently in front of the door for the package I just ordered, like in 'Scott Pilgrim vs. the World' lol

I would have to send mine to my work since fedex requires signature. It sucks having to drive to the fedex hub to pick up your phone. been there done that.

Aioka

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I hope they have preorders.. i just want to get this thing in stone asap.. tired of my D1 always crashing!

Seriously VZW:

1855648-shut_up_and_take_my_money.jpg

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
What? You've never purchased an apple product for the sole purpose of destroying it in front of an Apple Fanboy? I couldn't stop laughing at all the hate mail, death threats, etc.... that Tosh.0 got when he got an early iPad and proceeded to hit it with a golf club while standing on his table. SOOOOO funny haha

Back on topic. 'possibly' 1 hour and 53 minutes to wait till pre-order time. Wooot!

I think that was my favorite episode that he's done. Mostly because of the end, when he did hit that iPad with a golf club. That was AMAZING.

I actualy was suppose to get the Thunderbolt but after playing with the iPhone I couldn't get past how beautiful the screen was especially compared to the Thunderbolt. I was a big time iphone hater until I actually got to play with one. I actually had a better experience with the iPhone than with either of my two Droids. The reason I am getting the Bionic though is because I want a bigger screen and I need my task manager widget, and I also want 4g. And of course because I like getting new phones. I will more than likely end up getting another phone in October also.

So you're one of THOSE people :p

Back on topic:
At this point i doubt there is a pre order. Kellex over at droid life said he had a source tell him no. Another source at howardforums said no as well. Not to mention someone said none of the 4G phones have had pre orders.

It would be nice to get overnight shipping and have it friday tho! we can hope!!

Yeah at this point I'd think they'd have the pre-orders up. But my guess is to wait for that countdown timer to hit zero and then figure out what we're going to do then. I think I'm going to go to Costco and buy it, hopefully get that awesome deal. But I'll have to go to Costco and make sure they'll have it Day one or I'm going to go to Verizon or Amazon and order one.

comiskeybum

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think that was my favorite episode that he's done. Mostly because of the end, when he did hit that iPad with a golf club. That was AMAZING.

So you're one of THOSE people :p

Back on topic:

Yeah at this point I'd think they'd have the pre-orders up. But my guess is to wait for that countdown timer to hit zero and then figure out what we're going to do then. I think I'm going to go to Costco and buy it, hopefully get that awesome deal. But I'll have to go to Costco and make sure they'll have it Day one or I'm going to go to Verizon or Amazon and order one.

I think droid life confirmed costco will have it same day as verizon. check droid life .com. I dont have a costco here so that isnt an option for me. I think you have to be a costco member anyway.

Thankfully i dont work on the 8th so ill be opening up the verizon store with the employees just like i did with the OG Droid. Still hoping for a pre order tho.

have you guys seen this website? Accessories with pricing....... Motorola Droid Bionic Accessories at MobileCityOnline.com

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Meh pre-orders are looking/sounding exceedingly unlikely based on the last couple hours' news and opinions. Oh well. Stay optimistic... worst case scenario we can all go get the phone in like 170ish hours :)

The sun will still rise tomorrow!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Mendelli