Screen looks like crap but works awesome!

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from my DX and while the Bionic screen leaves a lot to be desired in the department (bad pixelation, washed out colors, not as wide as DX) the performance of it is off the charts! This screen is so much more accurate and responsive that my DX screen its unbelievable! I first noticed it when setting up the phone and typing on the regular keyboard in portrait mode. I then switched to swype (my favorite way to type) and was blown away at how much more accurate this phone is. I am having very little, of any, mistakes while typing. I also like that the swype word choice window is horizontal right above the keyboard instead of the pop window that my DX had.

I will gladly give up some pixel smoothness for this better performance, not to mention it also uses a lot less battery power. Plus, I haven't tried yet, I read this screen is supposed to be better in the sun.

sixfootsideburns

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
a post for/against the new screen? definitely new thread-worthy! ;)

hahahahaha my sentiments exactly. Can we simple block this kind of discussion entirely? Its a well known fact that opinions very widely and arguing one way or another is pointless. Some people like it... some people don't. BUT, at least this is focusing on something knew (accuracy) rather than quality.

+1 to both of you!

OP for not restating an already well hashed discussion
Shadow for making a funny :p

whiteshadow001

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Yea I was really impressed with how crazy responsive the entire screen was. In direct sunlight its really good. I compared my friends bionic to my thunderbolt and it blew the bolt out of the water

Sent from my Thunderbolt using tapatalk

Mikeyw88

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from my DX and while the Bionic screen leaves a lot to be desired in the department (bad pixelation, washed out colors, not as wide as DX) the performance of it is off the charts! This screen is so much more accurate and responsive that my DX screen its unbelievable! I first noticed it when setting up the phone and typing on the regular keyboard in portrait mode. I then switched to swype (my favorite way to type) and was blown away at how much more accurate this phone is. I am having very little, of any, mistakes while typing. I also like that the swype word choice window is horizontal right above the keyboard instead of the pop window that my DX had.

I will gladly give up some pixel smoothness for this better performance, not to mention it also uses a lot less battery power. Plus, I haven't tried yet, I read this screen is supposed to be better in the sun.

I agree, I am also coming from the DX, much more grainy but also more responsive.

johncihak

Banned
Dec 8, 2009
Visit site
hahahahaha my sentiments exactly. Can we simple block this kind of discussion entirely? Its a well known fact that opinions very widely and arguing one way or another is pointless. Some people like it... some people don't. BUT, at least this is focusing on something knew (accuracy) rather than quality.

+1 to both of you!

OP for not restating an already well hashed discussion
Shadow for making a funny :p

The whole Bionic discussion in general has been droning on for more than 8 months. We should therefore block any discussion of the Bionic. Most of the discussion is people's opinions. The specs can be obtained on the web already.

Manchild Prodigy

Count of Monte Fisto
Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I stopped in my local VZW store this morning to play with the Bionic. I agree about the screen responsiveness. It's fantastic. But I don't know what to think about the pixelation. It's definitely noticeable, but it's not terrible. Even from a regular distance (1+ feet) the pixels are easily distinguished. I would say for most people it wouldn't be a huge issue, and it certainly doesn't make the phone unusable in my eyes, but I find it very annoying.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk