All Questions Bionic

croselli19

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay so as i play with this remarkable device i find new and crazy features that help me everyday. but if I continue to find stuff then you guys have to be finding features and icons and apps that I have not. So im opening this thread for that very reason..

my first question about what i found is, what is the box next to the time with the check mark in it?

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
That lets you know that you currently have an alarm set to go off. Not sure if it means anything else, but it always shows up when I set my alarms each night.

Reactions: croselli19

croselli19

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
thanks for that.. did anyone else get the bundle from Costco, I saw early threads that the products in the bundle were not motorola brand, mine were anyone get them?

croselli19

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Also, anyone have an issue with the screen if you are using the GPS and then turn the screen off? mine flickers in and out until i turn it on again.. is it a bug?

slvrdrgn123

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Okay so as i play with this remarkable device i find new and crazy features that help me everyday. but if I continue to find stuff then you guys have to be finding features and icons and apps that I have not. So im opening this thread for that very reason..

my first question about what i found is, what is the box next to the time with the check mark in it?
I had that same question thursday night when I set the alarm. In the morning I realized it was supposed to be a clock, not a box with a checkmark. Told my gf and she saw it was a clock. Guess we see different things. :-\

croselli19

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
good pick up, it is a clock now that i look at it.. great thing about this phone over the charge is the automatic 4G, unless im missing something and can turn it off.. comments?

Also putting the apps in folders is great cause you can have everything on your home screen if you want.

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Also, anyone have an issue with the screen if you are using the GPS and then turn the screen off? mine flickers in and out until i turn it on again.. is it a bug?

I'm having the same issue. It's a bug in Google Maps. I had the same problem after an update on my OG Droid. They eventually addressed the issue. For now, just change your rating and review in the Market that way they know about and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

croselli19

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyoen else play fantasy sports?

if you go to the cbs sportsline you automatically get put into the IPHONE webpage (no flash player) it says that you are in cbs home but you cant actually go into the leagues, in this case you have to physcially type the address of the league and log into CBS sportsline that way.. the app is not the same as looking at the site..

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
i never give up on the stock stuff until i realize what im really missing by getting something else.. did that with texting on my old droid and handcent took over really quick, if your looking for a good texting app i recommend it.. one thing tickking me off is finding all my email accounts.. my exchange account is my default but finding the others without actually receiving an email has been a problem and the "my accounts" folder really is just for the settings for each account.. am i missing something?

I wasn't really sure about trying alternative texting apps, figuring that texting is just texting for the stock texting app should be good enough, right?!? HAHA!! Yeah, I tried GO SMS first...for about 15 minutes or so, then uninstalled it. Thought I'd try Handcent just for the heck of it, figuring it really wouldn't offer anything I liked better kind of like GO SMS didn't (imo).....I'm still using Handcent. LOL! I kind of like it so far. Not sure hat it is, but just seems pretty slick.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Strange double post for me tonight.....and not even in the right order.....it's currently about 7:58 central time......

Last edited:

APeX3181

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
This is more of a general question, but i just can't figure it out. i just put the SD card from my OG droid in my bionic and it isn't showing any of the old apps, how do i fix that?

I don't think that will work. Even on the old Droid, when moving an app to the SD card, part of the app, probably the coding that communicates with the OS (is that proper wording for that??) remains in the phone's memory.

I'm pretty sure you'll have to reinstall all your apps from the Market.

D1andOnlyOmen

May 20, 2011
Visit site
good pick up, it is a clock now that i look at it.. great thing about this phone over the charge is the automatic 4G, unless im missing something and can turn it off.. comments?

Also putting the apps in folders is great cause you can have everything on your home screen if you want.

A clock huh?!? Even now that someone has made that comment and I go back and look at it again.....yeah, still looks like a box with a check mark in it to me.... LOL! :) Actually, I couldn't figure out what it was at first either.....with that little "thicker" part on the top, I actually thought it was something to do with the battery....looks more like a battery to me than a clock. Then when I turned off my alarms the other day I noticed it was gone so I turned them back on again and figured out that it was the indicator that one was set.... but I still won't believe that it looks anything like a clock!! HAHA! :D

This is my first Android phone as well, so I seem to be learning something new about it every day so far. I just installed the ADW launcher and going to try it out for a little while. Tried Launcher Pro last night breifly....seemed nice at first until I realized you couldn't do much with it without paying for the "unlocked" version. I did that, but after about 5-10 min I refunded it. Decided I wanted to give the stock launcher a little longer and to try out other launchers to see what I like best.

slvrdrgn123

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
A clock huh?!? Even now that someone has made that comment and I go back and look at it again.....yeah, still looks like a box with a check mark in it to me.... LOL! :) Actually, I couldn't figure out what it was at first either.....with that little "thicker" part on the top, I actually thought it was something to do with the battery....looks more like a battery to me than a clock. Then when I turned off my alarms the other day I noticed it was gone so I turned them back on again and figured out that it was the indicator that one was set.... but I still won't believe that it looks anything like a clock!! HAHA! :D

This is my first Android phone as well, so I seem to be learning something new about it every day so far. I just installed the ADW launcher and going to try it out for a little while. Tried Launcher Pro last night breifly....seemed nice at first until I realized you couldn't do much with it without paying for the "unlocked" version. I did that, but after about 5-10 min I refunded it. Decided I wanted to give the stock launcher a little longer and to try out other launchers to see what I like best.
Same here, even after I figured out it was a clock and having my gf tell me that it looked like a clock rather than a box with a check mark. It still looks like a box with a check mark to me. :confused:

As for the launcher, I haven't tried anything else yet. I find my content with the stock one and what it can do. Might try some other ones out when I get bored though. Never know if something's better til I try it, but for now, stock is fine for me.

croselli19

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
i never give up on the stock stuff until i realize what im really missing by getting something else.. did that with texting on my old droid and handcent took over really quick, if your looking for a good texting app i recommend it.. one thing tickking me off is finding all my email accounts.. my exchange account is my default but finding the others without actually receiving an email has been a problem and the "my accounts" folder really is just for the settings for each account.. am i missing something?

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I was going to ask the same thing. I was using K9 on my DX and will probably go back to it. I like to try stock before I go and load a bunch of secondary launchers and apps to correct short comings.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

thegadgetguroo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Look in the messaging app in your app draw. All your accounts are accessible from there.

croselli19

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
just my opinion but with the phone not being out too long and not getting really accurate feedback on the apps, id hate to go into something and not be able to get out of it cause the phone reacted negatively to it.. that is exactly why i am fearful of rooting, i know a friend who rooted his charge, looks great but there are a ton of risks for a phone that retails at 600..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress