Any way to bypass lock screen?

arahouston

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I hate the two-step process of turning this phone on. On my Droid X, I had the "No Lock" application and it got rid of it. It doesn't seem to work on the Bionic.

Anyone know of an app that does?

I also miss the ability to turn on the phone via the "home" hard button...

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I have No Lock and it's working for me. I can also come out of standby mode using the volume keys.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1812dave

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
>> I have No Lock and it's working for me.

+1 .... I've always been a little surprised that the lock screen is so important to people. Me pushing the on/off buttton should be all that's needed to get to the info I need. No Lock is the first app I download. I may be in the minority with this line of thinking but I can't believe I need an app to disable the lock screen.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
>> I have No Lock and it's working for me.

+1 .... I've always been a little surprised that the lock screen is so important to people. Me pushing the on/off buttton should be all that's needed to get to the info I need. No Lock is the first app I download. I may be in the minority with this line of thinking but I can't believe I need an app to disable the lock screen.

I use No Lock if I'm constantly checking my phone. When it's time to drop it in my leather holster, I need for the screen to be locked because I find myself turning it on by mistake taking it in and out the holster. Doesn't happen a lot, but it has happened a few times.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
No Lock isn't working for me.

I have other Screen Off and Screen Lock apps installed. I've been testing them out to see which works best. It's a possibility that one of those apps could have unlocked a setting that allows No Lock to work on my device.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Care to let us know what other apps you're using?

Screen Off FX,
Screen Off and Lock,
Screen Off Trial

If one of them is allowing No Lock to work, I have no idea which one. I still have all three installed, even though I only use one of them.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
i use no lock......but the problem is it disables the security lock as well....which is annoying

That's the purpose of No Lock.
Being able to come out of standby without going through any additional steps. You can enable and disable it when you see fit.

Frankie15

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I was just about to post something like this. So there is no way to disable the swipe to un
lock BUT keep the pattern security lock?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was just about to post something like this. So there is no way to disable the swipe to un
lock BUT keep the pattern security lock?

Not that I'm aware of.
There could be a way, but I've yet to find anything like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress