4G Bionic Won't Activate & Can't Reactivate Old Phone!

ctmeador

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I have a really odd problem with my brand new Bionic. I would like to see if anyone has had similar issues and if you have any recommendations on how to get the issue resolved. I feel stuck in an endless loop with Verizon tech support now!

My Bionic was not getting 4G service (3G data and calls were ok) so a Verizon Corporate Store tried to activate a new 4G SIM card in my phone. The transaction processed with a receipt, but the new SIM will not update and link to my Bionic's serial number in Verizon's system. Now, I have only 3G data service - no 4G and I cannot make/receive calls. I've been in 2 corporate stores and on the phone with tech support for over 4 hours total in 3 days now to no resolution. No one can get my phone ID number and my SIM ID number to update and link in the Verizon system due to some error message.

2 days ago Verizon Tech support entered a trouble ticket to escalate the issue and supposedly resolve it within 24 hours. I called back today to follow up on the ticket status, and tech support said there was no trouble ticket on my account and the ticket number I was previously given is not even the right format number to be a ticket. So, a second trouble ticket was entered again tonight after 1.5 more hours on the phone with tech support. I was told the issue would be resolved within 24 - 48 hours. Also, they tried to reactivate my old phone so I could at least have a functioning phone while the ticket was getting resolved, but they had the same error message. Basically, my line can't be activated on any phone right now due to this error message in their system.

Anyone else ever had this problem or have any recommendation to get the issue resolved?

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-bionic/116967-activation-questions-go-here.html - check here first...

second, call back and speak to another tech. Make sure the IMEI and SIM card # in their system match what's in your phone. If that doesn't work, time for another trip to the VZW store, with both phones, and an ultimatum - "I'm not leaving until one of these is activated, or I'm cancelling my contract and heading elsewhere."

KillerG

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I would tell them that I have to have my phone activated before I leave or you'll have to refund me my money and I'll just take my business elsewhere. They can't give you a phone that doesn't work, it breaks the contract lol. I would swap out the phone for a different one if possible, this one seems a bit messed up.