4g outage?

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody else not getting 4g coverage? In socal, and I have tried power down, battery pull, sim card reseat, coma/lte toggled, and still can't get 4g signal. I hope it's not my phone. Lol.

IRSmurf

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to ask such a basic question, but have you already tried rebooting your phone? The issue of the Bionic periodically dropping data service has been experienced by many, if not most, Bionic owners. Typically, toggling airplane mode or rebooting the phone resolves the error.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

freeky1

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to ask such a basic question, but have you already tried rebooting your phone? The issue of the Bionic periodically dropping data service has been experienced by many, if not most, Bionic owners. Typically, toggling airplane mode or rebooting the phone resolves the error.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I think he answered your question before you asked it. Did you read the question?

I have tried power down, battery pull, sim card reseat, coma/lte toggled, and still can't get 4g signal.

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have tried restarting the phone, and even battery pull. Just seeing if anybody else is having problems getting 4g signal today. Ill try and call Verizon when I get a chance to see if there is an outage in socal. Or this is apples plan, mess up 4g just in time for their Iphone announcement. Lol!

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having the same issue today in downtown Boston. I usually get great coverage at work, but today I've only had 3G.

fdisker

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I almost started a similar thread on Sunday. Now that I've upgraded to the Bionic my wife is carrying the Thunderbolt so I've got a good way to test whether it's my phone or the network. 4G went down in Columbus, Ohio for about an hour Sunday afternoon. Both the Bolt and Bionic dropped connectivity within seconds of each other around 2pm and 4G connectivity was spotty until 3pm. It happened again to both phones last night for a few minutes.

My guess is that we have some network maintenance going on and the only way to tell how widespread it is is to head to the androidcentral forums and see who else is reporting it. Yes, it would be nice to know when maintenance is happening but that type of information will never see the light of day unless we're dealing with a regional or nationwide outage. Maintenance on the network happens EVERY day yet it rarely causes on outage.

LDubs

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
All good here in Brooklyn NY so far all day.. knock on wood... although my battery life today has been absolutely horrible for no known reason, don't have anything running today I didn't have yesterday...:mad:

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Wow it seems to be happening at certain areas I guess.... still no 4g here. Friends now just replied that they are net getting 4g as well.....

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
4g came back on at around 530 for me this morning!!! Glad to see that 4g lte icon again!!!! Can't be going back to the stone age again with 3g! Hahahahah.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non