Voice commands via Bluetooth?

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
BIONIC is rooted, but stock 2.3.4 with the .902 update.

None of the following ...
... seems to be able to hear commands issued via the Bluetooth headset (Plantronics Voyager PRO+). If the Bluetooth is on, that's the voice input that needs to be used (the phone is in a pocket, or in a vehicle dock, or charging on the floor of the car, so I don't want to have to look at it, pick it up or touch any buttons to enable the completion of a command). Is that possible this side of ICS?

bear_lx

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
not sure, but if you havent checked out iris, i would reccommend it... just got updated and it is sweet! it is siri spelled backwards, and i am completely amazed with its speed and accuracy. before i found it, i also used vlingo. which iris embarrasses

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Iris is amusing, and sound is correctly output to the headset, but it does not accept input from it. Still looking for a truly hands- and eye-free solution ...

sorli

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
BIONIC is rooted, but stock 2.3.4 with the .902 update.

None of the following ...
... seems to be able to hear commands issued via the Bluetooth headset (Plantronics Voyager PRO+). If the Bluetooth is on, that's the voice input that needs to be used (the phone is in a pocket, or in a vehicle dock, or charging on the floor of the car, so I don't want to have to look at it, pick it up or touch any buttons to enable the completion of a command). Is that possible this side of ICS?

Same problem with my AOKP Axiom AB9 ICS build upgrade for my Bionic.

My Blueant Q2 works like normal for conversations, caller ID (Q2 has always glitched a lot on Android), and simply answering and hanging up calls. Problem though relates to input via the Q2 and Bluetooth interface for everything else. Nothing usual on Android voice input seems to work and I have to turn off Bluetooth completely and use my Bionic built-in Microphone and internal hardware to input data via voice.

What sucks is this feature is very important to me when I drive and I'm thinking about switching back to a previous build that has been detoxed and cleaned up removing Verizon Motorola crap. hopefully the guys who did AOKP can fix this issue and resolve these problems soon, but this also may be a problem simply with ICS and the conversion/upgrade from previous builds not quite working. Sorli...

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm frankly surprised that apps even have access to a specific input or output channel. I would ordinarily assume that they would send and receive audio via calls to the OS, which would handle routing to and from what it knows to be the currently-active input and output channels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty