Question Bluetooth Mic Not Working With Phone

TouchTactics

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi hopefully someone can help.

I have a Poco F3, Android 13, MIUI 14

Issue I'm having is Bluetooth Mic not working I've tried a variety of headsets so know it's not the mic itself.

I play Fortnite game on phone and want to use voice chat to talk to team mates.

I have tried voice recorder app on phone to test and it's recording using the phones microphone itself and not the actual microphone on my headset.

How can I change the input mic to my headset mic?

Thank you in advance

ChiChi_

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
After seeing the name of your device, I did some search and came across a series of settings that may need to be tweaked on your phone, if it doesn't work after trying the steps I will list below, let me know 😀

You can use these steps to modify the default microphone on your Poco F3 running Android 13 with MIUI 14:

1. Check the Bluetooth settings:
- Open Settings and select Accessibility.
- Select the Manage Sound Device option and click it.
- In the Bluetooth settings of your device, scroll down to enable or disable the 3.5mm headset.

2. Change the microphone in Android Settings:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and tap on "System" or "Device," then tap on "Language and Input" or "Sound."
- Look for the "Input" section and tap on "Microphone."
- Choose the microphone you want to use from the list of available options[1].

3. Check App Permissions:
- Open the "Settings" app on your Android phone.
- Find "Apps & notifications" by scrolling down and tapping on it.
- Under "App permissions" or "Permissions," select "Microphone."
- You will see a list of apps that can access your phone's microphone. To enable or disable microphone access, simply tap on any app.

4. Restart the App:
- After changing the default microphone, restart the app where you want to use the microphone. A restart might be required because some apps might not detect the change in the microphone automatically[2].

5. Use Certified Audio Devices:
- Google Voice accepts audio input from approved speakerphones and headsets. For the best experience possible, make sure the external audio device you are using is certified and compatible[3].

You should be able to switch the headset mic as the default microphone by following these steps. If the problem continues, you might also want to see if your device and the apps you use have any updates that are relevant.