Couldn't be happier with battery life!

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I rooted and am running Eclipse, that along with the extended battery has given me the best battery life I have had since the days before before Edge! I take no precautions to extend battery life other than keeping bluetooth turned off as I currently have nothing that uses it. Even with the battery draining 4G and my inability to keep my phone out of my hands, I have yet to have a day go by where my phone has died. In fact even on my longest days, when I plug my phone in at 0100, I am usually still in the 30% area. Before I rooted and did the extended battery, I was lucky to see 1800 before the phone was dead and on life support. I rooted and did the battery swap within 24 hours so I'm not sure which one helped the most. Just thought I'd share and see if it helps anyone else!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Rookie question: What is Eclipse?

It is a rom to use after you root. It is the easiest way to make your phone preform like the paper pushers at moto and Verizon wont let it do. Read up on the sections above on rooting. I just learned how to do it and was happy I did.

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
It is the battery that is doing the job. GPS and streaming are still killers.

I never turn the GPS or 4G off, and am on 4G sometimes for the entire day. I use google maps quite a bit and stream youtube and pandora to help get me through boring days at work.