Battery life so far...

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I personally don't get buying a flagship and crippling it.

Even if you plan to keep it more than 2 years. Why not enjoy it.

It's like storing your vehicle in the winter and driving a beater. My dream car is just a Nissan Z nismo and I can't picture not driving it for 3-4 months. Continental ExtremeWinter tires fixes all that.

Sorry. LOL

popcenator

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't get buying a flagship and crippling it.

Even if you plan to keep it more than 2 years. Why not enjoy it.

It's like storing your vehicle in the winter and driving a beater. My dream car is just a Nissan Z nismo and I can't picture not driving it for 3-4 months. Continental ExtremeWinter tires fixes all that.

Sorry. LOL
I agree that you shouldn't buy a device just to disable features that make the device what it is. I don't think that's the point of this thread, it's to compare experiences. I for one have heard nothing but good things and the battery life but I'm not seeing spectacular results like a lot of others. It's good battery life, but others are well beyond what I'm seeing, so it's just gathering information about how they're accomplishing those results. There are definitely features that don't operate as well as intended, or aren't really anything that I would use anyway so if I can turn them off and stop wasting battery on a feature that I don't even really find important why not? AOD for example, I don't find it particularly useful, and as others have mentioned it may be a cause for battery drain. Why would I not disable that in my case?

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
This is going to sound a bit silly, but it’s a real question.

Compared to the same load and install from my four year old Note 10+, my S24U is only getting about 4 days 5 hours of battery life with the current amount of usage - which granted is a BIT more than how much I used my Note 10+. But the note 10+, even at 4.5 years OLD, was still getting me much closer to 5 days of usage. Not sure what the different is, maybe screen, maybe 5G although I’m mostly in WIFI range for sure.

I’ve set the S24U to throttle at lower battery %, “learn” my habits which is essentially not using the device from ~ 18:00-06:00, and don’t have AOD on.
Any thoughts on what else might be lowering the daily expected battery performance?

tivoboy

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
This is going to sound a bit silly, but it’s a real question.

Compared to the same load and install from my four year old Note 10+, my S24U is only getting about 4 days 5 hours of battery life with the current amount of usage - which granted is a BIT more than how much I used my Note 10+. But the note 10+, even at 4.5 years OLD, was still getting me much closer to 5 days of usage. Not sure what the different is, maybe screen, maybe 5G although I’m mostly in WIFI range for sure.

I’ve set the S24U to throttle at lower battery %, “learn” my habits which is essentially not using the device from ~ 18:00-06:00, and don’t have AOD on.
Any thoughts on what else might be lowering the daily expected battery performance?
Well, things seem to be back to normal… back to ~ 5 days use, 5.5 hours on screen, 4.5 not onscreen - whatever that means can’t be background only. Pretty darn decent.

frank-barnett

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I agree that you shouldn't buy a device just to disable features that make the device what it is. I don't think that's the point of this thread, it's to compare experiences. I for one have heard nothing but good things and the battery life but I'm not seeing spectacular results like a lot of others. It's good battery life, but others are well beyond what I'm seeing, so it's just gathering information about how they're accomplishing those results. There are definitely features that don't operate as well as intended, or aren't really anything that I would use anyway so if I can turn them off and stop wasting battery on a feature that I don't even really find important why not? AOD for example, I don't find it particularly useful, and as others have mentioned it may be a cause for battery drain. Why would I not disable that in my case?
it's not disabling a great device, it's about getting the most of the great device that I want, which is battery life!

popcenator

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
it's not disabling a great device, it's about getting the most of the great device that I want, which is battery life!
Which some would argue is disabling what makes the device what it is. Shouldn't have to reduce anything when you pay what this phone costs to get great battery.