Battery life so far...

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm also doing the charge to 80%
With the S23U I charged to 85% looking after the battery, charged around 6am, took it off charge at around 6.45am give or take, went through my day and put it on charge the next day at 6am.
This usage was giving my battery estimate at 4 days and 4 hours and funnily enough so does my S24U at the minute.
I did let it go 2 days and sometimes 3 at the weekend but generally kept it topped up.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm also doing the charge to 80%
With the S23U I charged to 85% looking after the battery, charged around 6am, took it off charge at around 6.45am give or take, went through my day and put it on charge the next day at 6am.
This usage was giving my battery estimate at 4 days and 4 hours and funnily enough so does my S24U at the minute.
I did let it go 2 days and sometimes 3 at the weekend but generally kept it topped up.
4 DAYS? Damn, you're a much lighter user than I am lol.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Day 3

13 hours use with 5 hours of screen time

33% left with 6 hours 20 minutes remaining.
7392e96f78c456105df2c3b15e1ed456.jpg

steveflowers

Feb 6, 2024
Visit site
My S24U battery life has been just 'adequate'. At the end of a 17 hour day I usually have less than 20% left. My Iphone14 would be at about 45-50% after the same amount of time. I replaced a s22U with this phone and the battery hasn't been better than my old phone. Very disappointing.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
My S24U battery life has been just 'adequate'. At the end of a 17 hour day I usually have less than 20% left. My Iphone14 would be at about 45-50% after the same amount of time. I replaced a s22U with this phone and the battery hasn't been better than my old phone. Very disappointing.
You're never gonna get close to the battery life of an iPhone. As for the S22U verses S24 I don't recall as I came from an S23U. I use my devices alot so I'm sure the S23U battery life was not what it was a year ago. The S24U has been great for me so far.....I don't really care about battery life though because I'm usually near a charger or if I'm going to be away from electricity I carry a battery pack.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I fit this category too. I feel like my S24U is getting phenomenal battery life. It ranks right there with 15PM and better than my P8P.
I also feel like I am using it more than usual because it is still new the shiny new toy.
I think the biggest disparity between iphone and galaxy devices when we talk about battery life is standby time. Iphones are hard to beat, however under normal usage I don't see a noticeable tremendance advantage. I'm very happy with the battery life on the S24U and I make sure it doesn't put infrequent apps into disabled mode which I truly hate.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
You should be having pretty good battery life check your battery usage if anything stands out in device care , another thing is if you transfer things over maybe something created a glitch in that case make a back up on your device to PC Samsung Smart switch and try factory reset

Reactions: Laura Knotek

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Mine always stops at 79% - LOL. I wish they would change it to 85%. Or give us a choice at where we want it to stop!
We definitely need more choices than 80%.... that's too low for phones with smaller batteries like my Flip, or people who are power users.

I have my Flip set for 85% now, which works well for my usage, but when I get the new settings with 6.1 I'm probably just going to go with the basic setting. We have a backup landline so I turn my phone off every night after I charge it up, so the adaptive setting won't do me any good 😕

So I guess back to 100% I go... ☹️