Upgrade to Bionic?

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
These are all very good points. I think I have convinced my wife to let me use her upgrade. The only thing I worry about with the bionic is the screen. I have heard bad things about the pentile screen on the bionic. Anyone had any problems with the screen?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

hokiesteve

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
These are all very good points. I think I have convinced my wife to let me use her upgrade. The only thing I worry about with the bionic is the screen. I have heard bad things about the pentile screen on the bionic. Anyone had any problems with the screen?

That's another advantage for the Nexus. It definitely seems much brighter and nicer. Personally, the pentile screen hasn't been a big problem for me, but tons of people do complain about it. I'd check it out in person in the store and see which one works for you. With the price difference though, it might be pretty easy to deal with the pentile screen.

ChanceNC

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

I activated my Bionic yesterday morning and have been using it quite heavily in the last 24+ hours. I'm loving it so far, and I reckon it's *the* 4G device of choice for a Droid X user (lover). That said, I will say that the screen is not quite as good as the one on my Droid X. Colors look a bit more accurate on the X, particularly yellows and oranges, while these colors on the Bionic have a bit of a cast to them. The Bionic's display is also a little too contrasty for my taste. Still, I don't consider the screen to be a problem. It's still very good, bright (especially in brightly-lit environments), and sharp. In fact, the only app where its shortcomings stand out is when I'm playing Words With Friends. The color of the tiles (orange/yellow) is a bit off. For all other uses, it's lovely.

So far, however, that's my only gripe with the phone. It's a speedy device--dual cores and 1 gig of RAM make a huge difference. It's operation is so satisfying that I have no desire (yet) to root or look at ROMs. Getting it set up close to how my X was set up was a piece of cake. It really is the perfect evolution of the Droid X-Droid X2 lineage.

Today I used a penny and did the ol' Verizon logo removal trick. Looks like a million bucks now, especially in its sharp-yet-cheap Diztronic TPU case (HIGHLY recommended...I can't believe it only cost 10 bucks). Guess it's a keeper now, eh? :)

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site

Coming from iphonr 4 and DROID charge the bionic screen is lacking.. Not bad screen but there is a noticeable difference. However this device has so much more good than bad my only 2 complaints are camera and screen

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I just ordered my bionic tonight. I checked it out I was the store and I was impressed overall. I did notice the jagged edges that people complained of on the display. It was especially noticeable on certain things like the battery icon in the top right corner and some of the app icons. I took a few test shots with the camera and it seemed to perform slightly better than my X, but not by much. There are definitely better smartphone cameras out there but I'm not looking to replace my regular camera with it. It's good enough for what I need. Other than those two things it was nice. I like the look and feel and it was very speedy.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Is it free in verizon stores or just online?

I think you could get it free in stores although you may have to do a mail in rebate. I went to an authorized retailer and they said they will match online prices but the didn't carry Bionics

Reactions: Ry

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You could get it for free...... sell it on eBay and get a little money for it... or you can get the razr for 100$ sell it on eBay and get a little more money for that one. Keep the money and save for new phone such as gs3 or RAZR HD.

via Razr MAXX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty