backing up apps before phone wipe.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
is there a solution to the question????

i see yall have methods. to which i haven't had very good luck with them. such as titanium backup.

running .246 and starting to have issues. want to try a fresh wipe and reinstallation. i need my phone working for an important event and don't want to be up all night reloading everything.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you are backing up. Contacts pics and stuff like that you can backup without root. If you want data you need to

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
the title says backing up apps. not worried about pics and what not. that's not a problem. and those reside in the memory card.

i'm just tired of writing down all my apps. and having to reload. it's bad enough i have to do my gps maps now becuase we can't move them to sd card now. but to have to do every app on the phone.

like i stated. i haven't figure out or had much luck with titanium backup.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
the title says backing up apps. not worried about pics and what not. that's not a problem. and those reside in the memory card.

i'm just tired of writing down all my apps. and having to reload. it's bad enough i have to do my gps maps now becuase we can't move them to sd card now. but to have to do every app on the phone.

like i stated. i haven't figure out or had much luck with titanium backup.

If you're rooted, Rom Toolbox Pro has always worked well for me. It allows you to backup all of your apps and their data and then do a mass reinstall after a wipe.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I use my backup pro.

Do the backups
Wipe
Restore apks
Reboot
Restore data
Reboot
Restore media
Reboot and done.

You can take a shorter way but I never had issue with this method

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I recently did a factory reset. Prior to that, I installed App Brain, so I could do a one-touch reinstall. Apparently never needed it: once the reset was complete, all the apps just started reinstalling on their own. It looked like it was the OS doing this, so I wonder if this is either an unheralded new capability of ICS or, perhaps, the Google Play Store now does this.

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I recently did a factory reset. Prior to that, I installed App Brain, so I could do a one-touch reinstall. Apparently never needed it: once the reset was complete, all the apps just started reinstalling on their own. It looked like it was the OS doing this, so I wonder if this is either an unheralded new capability of ICS or, perhaps, the Google Play Store now does this.

yep, i'm getting the same thing. wrote down all my stuff. just got done doing the wipe and reinstallation with .246.

right now, everything is reinstalling. all on it's own. so i'm letting the phone sit. looks like most of my phone settings SO FAR have also been set.

i seen something about a my backup plus assitant along with a google backup. looks like that's what's pulling everything back down.

so far i'm loving this. doesn't look like the file i downloaded came with root though. so apparently the instructions were misleading. but don't look like that'll be a problem.

thanks for the responses guys. we'll see what happens. and might even install some of your suggestions for the future.

you would think that with a 6meg internet connection at home. these tiny apps would download and install at a much faster pace.

Last edited: