Battery Life

jimmitybob33

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I've got the Bionic and have been having some ABSURD battery life. I cleared the cache a few days ago and that seemed to help for a couple days, letting me go all day and still have battery to spare at the end of the night. But today, I didn't even make it through the day... here's some screenshots I took of my battery usage, any help would be great!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-07-16-21-56.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-07-16-21-56.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_2013-01-07-16-32-36.png
    Screenshot_2013-01-07-16-32-36.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 102

bigjwill32

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine was like that too after the ICS update. I had to bite the bullet and do a full factory reset. It took a day or two afterwards and I've almost gotten back to the battery life i had with GB.

If you end up pulling the trigger I hope it helps!

WebOS Refugee

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
As was no doubt the case for a lot of folks, the pace of change on my Bionic was pretty intense in the first couple of weeks after the ICS rollout. Now that things have settled down, I've noticed that especially standby battery life is a lot better than it was during those weeks. I'll often grab my phone after it's been sitting on my desk for several hours, and the battery will still be at 90%. It's not quite that good at home, because Verizon's signal strength there is less than stellar, but it's still quite a bit better than it was.

schleprock63

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
so i had to do the factory reset option back when i got the ICS update, november time frame. for quite a while the phone was doing "okay". not as good as GB but i could usually make it through the work day without having to recharge. now in the last few days it's gone absolutely crazy again. it's using ~25% of the battery per hour! i'm lucky to make it to lunch without having to recharge the damn thing. i haven't upgraded anything lately, so what the hell is going on?? i really don't want to have to redo the damn factory reset. anyone got any suggestions?? i used to love this phone on GB, but the ICS port to this thing SUCKS

schleprock

Erievon

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Woah there. Before we go bashing the ICS build, you're going to need to provide more info. Both of you need to provide more battery stat screen shots. ICS alone doesn't eat 25% an hour, unless you have a between half a bar of signal and no signal, floating between 3g and 4g, with the wifi on and no wifi near by, AND a defective battery. THEN maybe. You're telling me if you leave it ALONE on a table for four hours with a good signal it would be dead? I doubt either of you are running zero apps, just a stock bionic on stock 246. with absolutely nothing added to it?

I'm not bashing either of you, just trying trying to put it all in perspective here. Our ICS build is actually pretty darn stable. Go to the market and get either GSam Battery Monitor, or Better Battery Stats, let those gather data for a day or two and post screen shots of the results, so we can have a look and possibly help.

jspet

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I have the same issues. I leave my phone alone after charging. I even have smartactions turn off the network. After 2 hours I come back and I'm down to 80%. When i look at the battery usage it shows:

I'm concerned because the uploading number is so high. How can I figure out what this is or better yet stop it.
\
thank you

Attachments

• scrn1.jpg
    scrn1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 37
  • scrn2.png
    scrn2.png
    121.9 KB · Views: 37

zachthebomb13

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I use "battery monitor" to track my battery usage. Also, do any of you use car docks or anything? I ask because i used one all the time and noticed the battery temp would get super high, like 135? f. It destroyed my battery life. Battery monitor would show a drop from 60% to 30% in a matter of minutes. So i bought a new, Motorola battery off Amazon and have had no problems since.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Lasermn

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I second the new battery helping cure the issues you are having. Just replaced not only the battery, but the wall charger and cable because they were no longer working either. After a week or so of charge cycles I am back to a full day of use and the battery showing 50%. Now I can keep using Bionic for a while and buy a new phone when I want to not because I have to.

SithLord0498

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Over the last two weeks, I've noticed a significant change in my Bionic's battery life, but it's been for the BETTER! On all my Android devices, "Screen" was the biggest percentage of battery usage, but lately "Android OS" has been topping the list. That being said, I've been consistently getting 36-40 hours out of a full battery. About 60% of the time, I have 4G running just in case I get MMS messages, and I'd say I bounce back and forth between using 4G and Wi-Fi for data usage equally. I would say it's because I now have a Nexus 7 tablet that I use regularly so my Bionic sits idle more than it used to but I still get great "Display On" time.

If it's because ICS is finally settled in on my phone (I've wiped the system cache but I haven't had to Factory Reset the phone), then I'm thrilled with it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38