Bionic Release Date Just in Time for Verizon Tiered Data Plans?

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
If the "Guessed" release dates of End of April - May - June come true this could be right in time for Verizon's announcement that they will start 4G tiered data plans mid year. I'm considering going with the Thunderbolt if they offer the 30/unlimited plan so I have LTE for my XOOM and Ipad(2). If they roll out the tiered LTE plans per the press announcement and you already have unlimited on the TB you should be good to go for the term of your contract.

Other than the better PROC - is there any reason to go with the Bionic over the TB?

gorgalis

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Dual core, 25% larger battery, HDMI out, high resolution screen, possibility of the Motorola webtop that the Atrix has, NVDIA game marketplace... Am I missing anything?

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
if motorola delivers with an unlockable bootloader, then the bionic will be far superior than the TB in everything except voice+data over 3g.

FFC is lower res, and 256mb less ram but I don't see that outweighing the battery, dual core, build quality(BMX said bionic would be better than TB on build quality), and qhd screen.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
if motorola delivers with an unlockable bootloader, then the bionic will be far superior than the TB in everything except voice+data over 3g.

FFC is lower res, and 256mb less ram but I don't see that outweighing the battery, dual core, build quality(BMX said bionic would be better than TB on build quality), and qhd screen.

The Bionic will still be faster 512MB DDR compared to 768MB. Advantage Bionic... I do not really care about FFC lower res. Who is really going to use at that much. It is useless if your friends do not have it.. So it is not a big deal to me.. Now with the Voice data I am hearing different things about it That while using the phone that the data is very very slow.. You ever wonder why Verizon has not been pushing the V+D. I think that it would be a big thing since AT&T tries to hold that over Verizon when they had the i phone... It is still up in the air we do not know if the Bionic will have V+D yet. We will have to wait and see.

shaddix

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I heard 200kbps, but call quality might suffer. I only ever really need to check email when I'm on the phone with someone so it would be fine for that.

Hand_O_Death

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait for the Bionic - need LTE TODAY! Will probably pick up the Bionic if TB has problems with battery life etc... but TB will get me by until it is released.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Ya I wasnt going to get the TB and hold out for the Bionic but I might just pick it up and swap it when the Bionic comes out, I have 3 line with upgrades and the other 2 will get upgrades next month and Aug. so I wont have to worry about paying retail on anything for a while :)

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Ya I wasnt going to get the TB and hold out for the Bionic but I might just pick it up and swap it when the Bionic comes out, I have 3 line with upgrades and the other 2 will get upgrades next month and Aug. so I wont have to worry about paying retail on anything for a while :)

I was going to do that earlier based on thoughts that the TBolt was coming back in February and the Bionic wasn't going to be until June/July. But, now with the TBolt releasing now and the Bionic rumored to be coming out next month, that's not too much longer to wait. And I don't want to go through the hassle of getting the TBolt, selling it, and then getting the Bionic. I have 3 lines that are eligible for upgrade, but only one with a smartphone (mine). So I can't just swap out with another or move one to the other line.

Bottom line for me ... I'm waiting until the end of April. If the Bionic is out, I'll compare it with the TBolt and get which ever one works for me.

dubge

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Bionic coming-out locked... what does this mean in reality? Longer to root and custom roms etc...

it means no root or custom roms until AFTER it comes out unlike others that seem to get rooted and romed BEFORE they are out :)

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am upgrade eligible and the Bionic will be my next phone. I hope these release date rumors are true. I want a BIONIC!!!!

DJBeanPole

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping some sort of announcement is made based on when the Tiered pricing goes live. Unless they sort of don't announce it, and then all of a sudden *boom* there it is. This will sway my decision about which phone to get. Hopefully the Bionic will snuggle into the unlimited $30 plan. If not... TBolt perhaps. We shall see. Seems like that battery is giving everyone a headache, but really its only the first day!

want2bionic

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have talked with several National Sales reps, including one that is a family friend, and they have confirmed that the $30 unlimited data plan for 3G/4G will be grandfathered for those with unlimited plans now. There has been no talk amongst any of the people I have spoken to that would indicate that this will change in the forseeable future.

Lets hope! Now gimme my Bionic! :)

jd10984

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Ya I am REALLY hoping the rumored April release date happens so we get grandfathered into unlimited 4g. Also hoping the $150 price sticks... I am due for an upgrade rite now. After my T-Bolt mess (alot of hardware issues on the ones I got plus below average/awful battery life) I am ready to switch from OG Droid to Bionic. As of rite now as long as it comes out in April or May I intend to get it on a 1 year contract (and pay the extra $70 or whatever it will cost) Cant wait :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty