rooted charge no market

xmaster

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
ok im on a rooted charge with ed1 and i was trying to install gummy charged rom i did wipe but iwas not able to go in to install sd update zip so i just rebooted and now i do not have market or maps help me:-\

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
ok im on a rooted charge with ed1 and i was trying to install gummy charged rom i did wipe but iwas not able to go in to install sd update zip so i just rebooted and now i do not have market or maps help me:-\

Im assuming you didnt follow the directions he gave. did you change the name of his rom to update.zip and try to flash it from stock recovery? because you were suppose to do it from clockwork recovery

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
yep now what do i do

[WARN]Remember any modification you do to your phone is your responsibility..... just have to throw in a disclaimer :) now on to buisness[/WARN]

• First change the renamed zip file to gummycharge again so you know what it is
  • then download clockwork recovery that you will flash in Odin from HERE
    (imnuts version)... if you dont know how to flash with Odin you can follow my directions HERE just use the clockwork file instead of the ED2 file that it suggests
  • Once you have successfully flashed clockwork, do not turn the phone on , instead unplug , place the battery in and hold Volume up+home+power untill you see samsung flash twice on the screen, then let go of the buttons, this will lead you into clockwork recovery
  • After you are in clockwork follow his directions
Kejar's instructions
-boot into recovery via Recovery -select "wipe data/factory reset" -select "Yes -- delete all data" -go back -select "install zip from sdcard" -select "choose zip from sdcard" -find and select GummyChargedXX.zip -reboot

Clockwork Button Mapping
Vol Up/Down - Navigate through the menus Power - Select Item Menu/Home/Back/Search - Go Back to the previous menu

[INFO]In order to gain root you will need to probably flash a custom kernel. you can use odin in the same manner as before but use the kernel found in this thread http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...4-root-any-build-w-voodoo-lagfix-updated.html[/INFO]

good luck