whats the deal with the SD card?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've never gotten a different android (other than warranty) and swapped the SD card but the Razr M isnt finding any of my stuff. it finds pictures but all of the backup data for widgets and stuff are not being detected. it's kind of frustrating. If i go into ES file explorer the download folder is empty.

smankins

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Es file explorer does not see my sdcard even though it shows an sdcard folder. The phone has an internal SD card (memory) named sdcard0 and that is what es file explorer is seeing. Your external sd card is sdcard1. However, if you use the files app that came on the phone it will show Device Storage (internal SD card) and sdcard (external sdcard). Confusing and inconsistent. You can change some apps settings to use your external card but most default to the internal sdcard.

I don't know why the external SD card does not show in es file explorer. Maybe someone knows how to make it show up.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I found the files app that came with it. That works for what I need. Thanks for the info

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't know why the external SD card does not show in es file explorer. Maybe someone knows how to make it show up.
When you start ES File Explorer, go up to the "mnt" folder, and from there navigate to the "external1" folder. That is the location of your external SD card.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I found the sd in e's file explore but how do I get apex and uccw to recognize it for my saved backups

Sent from my phone with the app

smankins

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
When you start ES File Explorer, go up to the "mnt" folder, and from there navigate to the "external1" folder. That is the location of your external SD card.

Are you rooted? When I press the up button it just says press again to exit.

Wait a minute ... while composing this note I played with the settings and if I go into Settings-Root Settings and check Up To Root then I can go up the directory tree even though I am not rooted.

Thanks for getting me to think about root and settings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95