Problem granting write permission on SD card

Yankee6

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
There's a new Android policy about not being allowed to delete it modify files on external storage. I suddenly can't delete files on my SD card.
In MX player, there's a pop up window that prompts me to select the SD card to grant write permission, but nothing happens when I do so. Deleting is still locked. Even in the ES file explorer, when it prompted me to grant write permission to the external card nothing changes. It still cannot delete anything in the SD card. I dont always access to a computer to remove the SD card and delete them that way. Is there a way to fix this issue? I use Amazon Fire tablet. Its an 11th generation and it worked fire for deleting until recently so I believe from what im reading the latest version of the software is blocking this. I wanted to see if theres anyway around this. For now I have to take out the SD card and put it into my PC to delete and want to avoid having to do this.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Which Fire tablet, and which version of Fire OS is it running? Fire OS is an Android fork, so how it behaves isn't always the same as mainstream Android.

Can you format a different SD card and test it on that one? This could help figure out if the problem is specific to that SD card (or you could reformat as rvbfan suggested, but if it's full of data you want to keep, then testing another card might be less hassle).

Yankee6

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Which Fire tablet, and which version of Fire OS is it running? Fire OS is an Android fork, so how it behaves isn't always the same as mainstream Android.

Can you format a different SD card and test it on that one? This could help figure out if the problem is specific to that SD card (or you could reformat as rvbfan suggested, but if it's full of data you want to keep, then testing another card might be less hassle).

Its a fire 10 11th generation and it just started to happen. From what I have read the latest OS update has blocked deleting on the SD card and I wanted to see if there was a way around this. I have to take the SD card out and connect to my PC which im trying to avoid.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'll move this thread to the Kindle Fire forum for more specific traffic. Sorry, but I don't have a Kindle, so I probably won't be able to contribute much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29