New M User

jcw1407

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I've had the M for 2 days now, and am fairly impressed, however there are a few niggles that worry me...

Battery life
I got 13 hours yesterday, but in reality I only really used it heavily on the train in and out of work. On my train journey in, I used it for an hour to browse the internet on #G and it went from 100% to 75%, is this what I should expect?

Gets quite hot
After about 10 minutes of browsing it's warm, after an hour it is hot...is this usual

Crashes
It's crashed 3 times now, which also seems a bit excessive.

So have i got a dud, or is this normal behaviour for the phone?

It has Android 4.1.2 on it, and the System Version is 98.21.7.XT905.Retail.en.AU

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello

Not being a Droid Razr user I can't comment directly on that device but for an average battery life on most Android phones, 13 hrs is a respectable amount of time. Dropping 25% in battery for an hour for some internet surfing is very acceptable too, mainly due to loading of pages and also based on your method of connection will vary the battery life good or bad.

As for the phone getting warm, that can be considered normal for many. Hot... that could be a bad sign, but then most phones also have a built in cut off that if a certain temp is reached the phone displays a battery or internal temp warning and shuts down to protect itself until it cools off. So if it hasn't hit that stage then that is a good sign.

I would monitor this excessive heat problem and if it becomes common you may want to consider alternatives like replacement/warranty.

What type of crashes/forced closings are you getting. This could be due to variety of reasons.

jcw1407

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, I may actually consider getting it replaced, after all I got this to replace my Iphone 3 which had crappy battery life, and this is worse..

I've now looked at some of the other battery profiles in the forums here and mine looks distinctly odd.

44% in the Android OS just doesn't seem sensible.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-04-09-21-52-46.png
    Screenshot_2013-04-09-21-52-46.png
    86.7 KB · Views: 49

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
That Is really unusual. The screen is what should be taking up the most battery most of the time.

(in reply to the post above)

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah usually the screen takes up most of the battery like this:
uploadfromtaptalk1367026783920.jpg

SugarMouth

Trusted Member
Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Does not sound normal. Should not get hot unless running navigation and ice cream sandwich and up are very solid. My advise is to charge to full and do a factory reset while still plugged in. Let the device sit at least 10 minutes after it resets before going through the initial setup. Remember this will set your phone back to out of box settings. Save pics or information you need first.