Outbox Messages "stuck"

lmaeboz

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I am new to my Razr M and getting some things figured out but have a question. There is an email message stuck in my outbox that keeps trying to send but the address is wrong (still getting used to typing on screen!). I can't open the message to delete it - get a message "cannot open message because it is sending". The notification light continually blinks as a result. I can't find a delete button for the outbox from the show all files screen, or any other screen for that matter. How do I get rid of this message in my outbox? any suggestions would be appreciated.

C Hand

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Dude ~

Must've read 100 messages about fixing this and not one worked until I stumbled on to this this a.m. Worked perfect. Opened message, removed large attachment, sent. Thanks for the brilliance! I even set up an account just to thank you!

wing_nut

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Dude ~

Must've read 100 messages about fixing this and not one worked until I stumbled on to this this a.m. Worked perfect. Opened message, removed large attachment, sent. Thanks for the brilliance! I even set up an account just to thank you!

Yeah, what he said. right down to the part about setting an acct just to say THANKS!!!

funkygluv

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Ditto... ABOSLUTELY Brilliant... I tried re-powering the unit and also read 100+ forums... this is the only one that worked!!! Thanks so much!!!:-$

PerTru

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so very much. Like the other users stated. Messsage has been trying to send for over a week and driving me crazy as there was no way to delete it as it indicating it was sending. This worked perfectly. Can't believe that no other posts even came close to this solution. Thanks again.

ewisz

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
You need to delete the message. First put your phone in Airplane mode. Then select the email icon and open the message that is "stuck." Click the X to delete the message. Then turn off airplane mode. Don't know why this works, but it does.

Neeraj Jain

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much. In my case some replies reached the recepients 2-3 days after sending the mail. It was so embarassing. With the airplane mode workaround, I can safely remove the stuck mails every night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez