Durability

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
What is the durability of this phone? Have you ever dropped and cracked your screen? How much of a fall could this handle? And how much can it resist scratches? I don't want to find it out the hard way lol.

Sent from my XT907 using Android Central Forums

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Had mine about a month... No scratches. Looks like new. I'm trying to be careful not to drop it but it feels like a solid device

Sent from my phone with the app.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Had mine about a month... No scratches. Looks like new. I'm trying to be careful not to drop it but it feels like a solid device

Do you have a case or a screen protector? I am thinking of going without a case and a screen protector.

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
I have a case, buy not a screen protector. The one day that I decided the phone was too sexy to have a case on it, I dropped it. Nothing happened, but I put my case back on immediately. I had never dropped it before that and never after that. I've noticed a 2 very tiny scratches on my screen, but I can only see them at the perfect angle and when the screen is off. And they are at the very edged of the screen. It doesn't bother me. I love this phone.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Actually no. The largest flat surface besides the screen is the back which is a matte finish kevlar. Only place that shows fingerprints is the mirror glass around the camera. It's gotta be my least favorite part about it.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Actually no. The largest flat surface besides the screen is the back which is a matte finish kevlar. Only place that shows fingerprints is the mirror glass around the camera. It's gotta be my least favorite part about it.

If I take my case off of my phone it feels so slippery like it's going to slip out of my hands. Does it feel like that to you? Or do you get used to it.

uscsailor

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I've dropped mine at least twenty times and all it has is some scratches on the paint. They look good, and it makes the phone look industrial. This is on the white model

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

WAldenIV

MacGyver Wannabe
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
If I take my case off of my phone it feels so slippery like it's going to slip out of my hands. Does it feel like that to you? Or do you get used to it.

That's exactly why I put a case on mine. The Kevlar is stupid and makes the phone incredibly slippery. I bought a Cruzer lite case which didn't add any bulk.

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I've dropped mine at least twenty times and all it has is some scratches on the paint. They look good, and it makes the phone look industrial. This is on the white model

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I learned this from my last phone. That dropping it repeatedly can cause the internals to be damaged even if there is no physical damage. My dinc2 was messed up pretty bad but looked fine and they wouldn't honor the warranty because of internal damage

toddbecker#CB

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
That's exactly why I put a case on mine. The Kevlar is stupid and makes the phone incredibly slippery. I bought a Cruzer lite case which didn't add any bulk.

I put a clear skin on the back, no added bulk but makes the back a little tacky and provides a small measure of protection for the camera when I set the phone down.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I put a clear skin on the back, no added bulk but makes the back a little tacky and provides a small measure of protection for the camera when I set the phone down.

Does it provide more grip? If it does then can you give me a link to where you bought it from?

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with the durability! When I first bought it I had a screen protector and case on it. I have since stripped it clean, and it is great. I actually had a mini heart attack last night when I dropped it face down from shoulder height onto a tile floor.. sounded so bad, but it came out clean without a mark.. Must have been the metal edge around the screen.

I do however have a scratch on the screen near the earpiece now.

At most a screen protector is all it needs, but I wouldn't say it's required.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a screen protector and use a case most of the time. I have a few scratches on the corner because I have the white one. I want to exchange it for a black one.

Posted via Android Central App

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for almost 6 months now. No screen protector, no case. Still looks as good as new, but I do try to be careful with it.