Question from a thunderbolt user...

gopher500

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I constantly read that the camera is terrible, just wanted to know if any users came from the thunderbolt (I'm guessing quite a few) and if so how is the camera compared to the thunderbolt, upgrade coming in a couple weeks trying to nail down on which phone to get. My original droid was an awesome phone compared to the thunderbolt and it's got me leaning towards another Motorola phone, just afraid of the camera as I use it fairly often.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
It's better than the Thunderbolt but not by much in low light. I returned a galaxy Nexus because of the camera, but definitely keeping the Maxx HD.

Sethoth

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
It's better than the Thunderbolt but definitely the weak spot for the device. The rest of the good stuff outweighs it though.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
I have to agree with everyone here coming from a thunderbolt myself. This phone is awesome just on battery life alone. I had it unplugged the entire weekend from 9am Saturday until 1030pm Sunday. I can deal with an ok camera.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD using Android Central app

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I concur. Coming from the thunderbolt, the camera is decently better. Not awesome, but it's good enough if you're a casual phone shooter.

But the battery makes up for it. The rest of the phone is good.

gopher500

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my thunderbolt's battery is just horrific. Quick question, does the maxx hd have a physical camera button like the original droid did?

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I also came from the Tbolt. I loved mine (rooted, AOSP, extended battery) and would have kept it were it not for it finding its own way into my washing machine... I thought the Tbolt camera was decent. It was always good for casual shots. Night pics, however, were bad and the dual LED flash made everything a creepy, washed out, and bright white/blue. The camera on the RAZR HD is better. There are really no cons to this phone if your comparison is the Tbolt. Get it, you won't regret it.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Very interesting comments. I find the camera on the Thunderbolt to be excellent (better than the other devices I am able to personally compare it to). My wife's Rezound and son's Droid 4, a friends EVO or some-odd other HTC device... Maybe it's the operator. :)

scott15851

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Thunderbolt former owner, and can't worry about camera when phone is on charger, Maxx HD love it. Feels like 10 years beyond HTC

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

gopher500

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Only thing I can give my thunderbolt credit for is it will not die... screen was cracked about a month after I got it and it's worked without a hiccup since. Making sure I get an otterbox commuter case right away for this one