Jelly Bean...my first observations

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Some of these may have been mentioned before...sorry if repeated.
- Google Voice is now embedded in Google Search and can't be turned off
- On screen button highlights now grey...I really liked the blue
- Lock and unlock sounds went from very quiet and cut off to extremely loud (just realized these sounds are based on the volume of the ringer)
- Contacts screen now white...very weird
- Keyboard can now be minimized...not sure why this wasn't in ICS, seems like a no brainer
- Transitions seem more fluid but I do notice some jumping when first opening an app
- Not liking the notification preview in the pull down, this seems like overkill to me
- Google Search bar is not transparent any longer, I really don't understand this one.
- Any more bloat with future updates and we won't have room for the stuff we do want on our phones.

Haven't been on JB long enough to gauge battery life and other things but I'll report back any other findings.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I've noticed that I really dislike is when you minimized a call, the top of the screen no longer flashes green.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
- Keyboard can now be minimized...not sure why this wasn't in ICS, seems like a no brainer

Minimizing the keyboard was every bit as possible as in JB. They merely changed the onscreen button to a down arrow whereas in ICS it is the usual back button, which you used to minimize the keyboard. But I agree it isn't obvious in the ICS style.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing some lag with home screens but I'm using Apex launcher and it may be an issue. Not happy about Foxfi not being compatible with JB. Wondering if I'm going to need to do a freaking factory reset. Uggg.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Minimizing the keyboard was every bit as possible as in JB. They merely changed the onscreen button to a down arrow whereas in ICS it is the usual back button, which you used to minimize the keyboard. But I agree it isn't obvious in the ICS style.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

However sometimes I noticed it did not function in ICS...or maybe it was just me. Either way, a nice touch in JB.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm seeing some lag with home screens but I'm using Apex launcher and it may be an issue. Not happy about Foxfi not being compatible with JB. Wondering if I'm going to need to do a freaking factory reset. Uggg.

Sent using the Amazing RAZR MaxxHD

I have not experienced a bit of lag since the upgrade.

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
The text message bug is still present for me in JB saying I have 3 messages and clearly do not.

uploadfromtaptalk1355110791993.jpg