Weird early morning Situation. Help!!

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Woke up and the phone was completely dead even though it was plugged in. I went to another outlet and plugged it in and it now has the green light solidly on but I can't get the phone on. Pushed and held the power button down for 10 seconds. What is happening? What should I do??

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You could try holding volume down and power button at the same time for approx. 5-10 sec. That should get the phone to reboot if you haven't had some kind of hardware failure. When the red Moto logo appears, you will know it worked.

Who?

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Maddog is mostly right. Same solution to the problem of your phone freezing and the screen won't turn on.
But sometimes the Moto logo won't turn on until you stop pressing the buttons, so after 20 seconds or so with no logo just let go and see what happens.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
if the battery was completely drained, you generally need the phone to charge a few percentage before you can do anything to it. then try the suggestions above. hope you got it fixed.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I hooked it up another outlet and left a pair for 4 hours. It's finally came back on and it seems to be working fine now. I called Verizon and let them know they didn't have to send me a new one . The guy there said that I might have been running too apps behind so I'm going to pay more attention to my advanced killer app from now on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I have had mine since October 15th. No problems before or since.

How, the phone released on the 18th? Anyway was going to say you're better off getting a replacement phone if your purchase fell within the return period.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I think I have a replacement phone on the way. Yeah might have been on the 18th when I got the phone

Maddog241

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Maddog is mostly right. Same solution to the problem of your phone freezing and the screen won't turn on.
But sometimes the Moto logo won't turn on until you stop pressing the buttons, so after 20 seconds or so with no logo just let go and see what happens.

Um, yeah I guess I didn't quite explain that clearly. I should have stated hold the buttons for approx 5-10 sec, release the buttons, then if you see the red Moto logo, you know it worked. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

Shuckster

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
How, the phone released on the 18th? Anyway was going to say you're better off getting a replacement phone if your purchase fell within the return period.

Ok got the replacement phone and haven't had any issues. I am terrified to let it move to JB. It asks me 3x a day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress