Browser issues

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I hate the chrome browser and the other ones are too fancy. Any way to get the stock browser that I had on the Gnex??? Plain and simple

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx HD

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I hate the chrome browser and the other ones are too fancy. Any way to get the stock browser that I had on the Gnex??? Plain and simple

There might be one on the google play store.. if not you probably are SOL. Why do you hate Chrome?

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I looked on play store. I use opera currently. I just limed the simplicity of stock. Home page was Google and it was easy to back out of without going through every page. Habit I guess.

t0ked

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Everytime I use chrome, my phone gets sloooow. I've switched to Dolphin and not looking back.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you rooted? If so, you can install the stock browser. That's what I've done. I'm not a fan of Chrome either, the scrolling is way too choppy for my tastes, no real quick way to access bookmarks, etc. I like Dolphin, smooth scrolling and you can sync your desktop Chrome bookmarks but I really missed the quick controls of the stock browser.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Dolphin has a home page with bookmark speed dials, which I think is really slick. Also, a home button. Two taps of the back key, from home, and completely backed out of the browser. I don't use Chrome mobile either. To me, not user friendly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really thrilled with Chrome either on my phone, although I can't quite put my finger on why. I remember liking the stock browser a few phones back. What are your reasons for not liking chrome?

t_kopta

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Chrome lags, doesn't have home screen customization, and I can't easily back out if it. Stock browser was easy and simple and I like the Google search being my home screen