Finally, a phone that will keep up with me.

jasoncardenas21

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So, I am going to give you all my review of the 1st full day of using my Maxx. I consider myself a heavy user as I download several podcasts and listen to probably 8 hours of audio every day. My Droid X or my RAZR couldn't keep up with my demands without constantly plugging into an outlet a few times a day. Here you go.

Here is a lest of all of the tasks that I did with my phone yesterday.

1. Turned on phone at 6:00 a.m.
2. Plugged into computer and put my recording of Wednesday's Howard Stern Show, unplugged for the last time of the day.
3. Downloaded Adam Carolla Podcast
4. Downloaded The Dan Patrick Show Podcasts
5. Normal Facebook browsing
6. Tweeted 8 times
7. Took 9 calls for a total of about 1 hour
8. Listened to all of my podcasts from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. with the DoggCatcher App with Presto turned on and sped up to 1.3 of normal speed, which if any of you use this app, you know that Presto kills battery.
9. Normal Web Browsing
10. Obviously I also sent and received text messages, received a few emails, replied to a couple of them.
11. Keep in mind, since this was the first day using the phone, I also spent a lot of time in the Market getting my apps downloaded, installed and setup. Also the normal setup stuff that you do with a brand new phone.
12. Never adjusted any of the stock settings, Display timeout was set to 1 minute, Brightness on Auto, No WiFi on all day long, No Smart Actions Set. ABSOLUTELY NO ADJUSTMENTS MADE TO TRY AND SPARE BATTERY.

I'm sure that I've left out a few things, but let me tell you, this phone is a beast. When I finally went to bed, the phone was off the charger for a total of 16 Hours, 53 Minutes and it was at 30%. I have to say that Moto did it right with this phone.

tmonferdini

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think this battery rocks! With my old Samsung Fascinate, I would work 8 hours and when I leave work, after using and texting on my phone during the day, it's down to about 40%. Then I go to class (not using phone at all) and go home, by now, it's around 20+%. Once I get home, if I'm expecting any calls or text at all, I need to charge it before bed.

With this beast, after playing on the phone off an on all day (cause it's new), downloading and changing some stuff around, going to class, talking on u-connect in car via bluetooth, once I get home, it's still around 70%!!! Last night I was moving things from sd card to phone and it took quite a while, but it didn't use much battery at all. When I do wind up finally going to bed, it's still around 51% charged on the average-use day.

This phone and battery are AWESOME!!!

kil187

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not really getting the same as you guys. Took it off the charger at 7 this morning and was down to 15% by 10 this evening. 4g on and off all day, its been bouncing back and forth since I got the phone, even though im in a pretty good coverage area. Did nothing to conserve battery on the phone. I did install a battery app from the market that shows one percent increments and I can watch it go down as soon as I unplug it. I'm hoping it will get better in the next couple of days. 15 hours ain't bad but it's not what you guys are getting and not what I was expecting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Droid_Evo_8

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Not really getting the same as you guys. Took it off the charger at 7 this morning and was down to 15% by 10 this evening. 4g on and off all day, its been bouncing back and forth since I got the phone, even though im in a pretty good coverage area. Did nothing to conserve battery on the phone. I did install a battery app from the market that shows one percent increments and I can watch it go down as soon as I unplug it. I'm hoping it will get better in the next couple of days. 15 hours ain't bad but it's not what you guys are getting and not what I was expecting. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check out this guy's problem. You might have the same problem like his.

MaXKiLLz

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
For the first few days my Maxx wasn't giving me great battery life. I decided to run the battery down until the phone shut off. I then charged it up to 100%, which took hours. I'm currently at 60% after 20 hours of use which includes talking, texting, tethering and bluetooth music streaming! Seems like the battery needed calibrating. Try doing the same thing on your Maxx.

kil187

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
For the first few days my Maxx wasn't giving me great battery life. I decided to run the battery down until the phone shut off. I then charged it up to 100%, which took hours. I'm currently at 60% after 20 hours of use which includes talking, texting, tethering and bluetooth music streaming! Seems like the battery needed calibrating. Try doing the same thing on your Maxx.

Did it and it seemed like it worked, going on 20 hours with 30% left, will still keep an eye on it though.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Today I was impressed by it but I just got the device and today I was doing a lot. Tonight I will let it run down until it shuts off then let it charge overnight and see how that goes. I had it for HEAVY usage and it lasted from 10am-7:30pm and it still had 10% but I plugged it in. But it was probably over an hour of internet video streaming and 20 minutes of audio streaming as well as other stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssiinnoojjandriod