Does your 3G/4G icon disappear when on WiFi?

spazma7ik

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I use wifi on this phone (if it's actually even being used) my 3G/4G icon stays up at the top as well as the WiFi icon. On every other phone I've had/seen, the 3G/4G disappears and only the WiFi appears.

Just curious if there's something up with mine, is it supposed to disappear? Or is this normal?

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Depends on how you have it set up. When you use Smart Actions to have Data Services turn off while you're on Wifi, the 4g logo goes away. That's one way you know. The only downside I've found is that you can't send pix in a text, or multi-recipient texts. (So you turn off wifi for a sec, send it, turn it back on) Saves battery when those services are off. Tho' with the Maxx, does it matter now?

roscko

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Oddly, sometimes when I reboot the phone in a location that has both wifi and 4g signal, both my wifi and 4g icons on the system bar are blue simultaneously.

If I disable wifi and re enable wifi, then my wifi icon stays blue and my 4g icon gray out.

Anyone else getting this?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Oddly, sometimes when I reboot the phone in a location that has both wifi and 4g signal, both my wifi and 4g icons on the system bar are blue simultaneously.

If I disable wifi and re enable wifi, then my wifi icon stays blue and my 4g icon gray out.

I've seen that before.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk.

ronniesherard

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site

I've seen that on mine here at home, but usually seems to happen when I have a weak wifi signal on my back patio.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
My DROID RAZR does that. I have smart actions set to when I'm in my house. And connected to wifi, data cuts off. So I only see the wifi icon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk