Any way to change the default camera app?

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Is there any way to change the default camera app when unlocking the Droid Razr? I've tried Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Camera to see if there were a default set. There isn't.

Same questions goes for setting up an application under the Settings>Applications>Double tap home launch. I'd like to change the defaults there too. Thanks!

jbliv63

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
The key here is having a replacement app installed. For cameras, try Camera Zoom FX, it is excellent. Typically once you install a second app, when you press that hardware button, or launch the camera from an app, it will ask you which you prefer, and you can select one as the default. This goes for pretty much any app. I have GO SMS as a replacement for my stock SMS app, and use GO Dialer as a replacement for the "Phone" app.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I seriously need a camera app that will allow me to use very small megapixel setting (such as 1 MP or lower, for uploading into reports) as well as to toggle time/date stamp on or off. This is so serious an issue for me, business wise, that I might send this MAXX back and stick with my old DINC.
HELP!

Kronko

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Penina, you do not have to return a phone because of that. There are many cam apps in the market, just do a search.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got so frustrated going through all the camera apps in the market... I even tried ProveIt and Evidence Photos, and I already downloaded HDR Camera+. But it turns out that after the Dinc, no phones seem to have the date stamp feature, even the Dinc2. Luckily some kind soul pointed me to Vignette, which has both the ability to chose some very small resolution as well as adding just the time and date features. A bit slower than the camera app that Moto supplied, and so far it saves to it's own gallery, but quite useful when I absolutely positively need it.

PeninaD

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
LandLockedPH, as to your double tap issue, yes, that is assignable... Settings>Applications, then all the way at the bottom, Double tap home launch is a pull down, your choice. Personally, I currently have it set to open Contacts.
So you know that you can also change the four docked apps? Long hold on the one you want to change, and go from there.

LLcdPH

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks PeninaD. But what I'm really looking for is a way to set something other than the stock camera app from the double tap,