• 2 Post By joeturni
  • 1 Post By Dubbayoo
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  • 1 Post By TundraDome
  • 1 Post By Droid800
  • 1 Post By Droid800
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Lack of Drama

I am so pleased with the Maxx and I guess that's why this forum is usually quiet compared to others. I remember the hell days of the bionic when I would visit the forum so much because "misery loved company".
    So I love this "no drama mama" Maxx
    Thanked by:
    Jamfish and B. Diddy like this.

Thumbs up Re: Lack of Drama

I think you're absolutely correct! As a matter of fact, even I don't read the forums as near as often as I used to!

Default Re: Lack of Drama

Isn't it nice to own a phone that the majority of people don't & moan about? Pretty rare these days.

ROM
    Stock

Received mine from Verizon on Thursday. Charged it overnight to 100%. Lasted 27 hours and 17 minutes! Didn't charge last night because I wanted to see just how long she'd go. SICK! This phone is down right tremendous! Upgraded from the original X and it is incredible how Moto did such a great job with this device.

Let's just hope people don't start crying about missing features, causing them rush out a poorly tested upgrade that f's everything up.
    Last edited by Dubbayoo; 03-24-2012 at 02:36 PM.
    Jamfish likes this.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbayoo View Post
    Let's just hope people don't start crying about missing features, causing them rush out a poorly tested upgrade that f's everything up.
    Hopefully they learned their lesson on the Droid X update last year.

It's amazing how dead this forum is now.. it's like the phone is unpopular and no one has anything to say.

More proof that if there isn't anything negative to discuss... no one discusses anything.

I do wish it had better cases and accessories like the iPhone/Apple products.. and that the market was better.

But the Maxx is solid for sure.

Except for the camera.. and the black dots on the screen from the LCD screen

I much prefer a dead forum to a forum of Comic-Book-Guy-sounding complainers saying things like "Worst ... phone ... ever!" That seemed to be the case with my old Droid Incredible, which fortunately never caused me much grief either.

The problem with 3rd party cases and accessories for Android phones (besides the sheer popularity of iPhones) is the sheer variety of Android phones that then become obsolete the next year, when the next exciting phone comes out. So there's just no incentive for anyone else to make accessories.

So far, I think the camera's pretty decent--better than the Incredible's, anyway (which was also 8MP). And the black dots--I'm assuming you're talking about seeing black splotches when the brightness is turned all the way down? I've seen those on multiple brands of phones, so I think it's just the nature of smartphone screens.

im still debating between iphone 4s and razr maxx.. upgrade april 1st.. so.. yeah im still at a standstill.

Bottom line is that you will almost certainly be happy with either. Just depends on what's most important to you.

ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by joeturni View Post
    I am so pleased with the Maxx and I guess that's why this forum is usually quiet compared to others. I remember the hell days of the bionic when I would visit the forum so much because "misery loved company".
    So I love this "no drama mama" Maxx
    I have to agree this is a no drama phone for sure.

Just wait until the eventual ICS upgrade delays--then the forums will light up. But you won't hear any belly aching from me, I'm fine with Gingerbread!
    jroc likes this.

I agree with B. Diddy. And I was in your exact same boat. I was leaving the BB platform for the iPhone 4s or the Android. Played with the 4s and finally the razr maxx. 1 week into the Razr, and I extremely happy with my choice - to be honest, I'm am pleasantly surprised. He's correct - depends on what you want/need (small screen, tied to the apple platform already, etc., then maybe iPhone). So far, the Razr Maxx is awesome.
    '

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    B. Diddy likes this.

I've had my Maxx for around a month now and I can't complain. This is my 5th Android phone and probably the best. After starting with the DROID then going Fascinate, Continuum, Thunderbolt, and finally Maxx I have to say I'm happy. I was actually still pretty happy with the Tbolt, but after I got my wife the RAZR and Lapdock 100 for Christmas I started getting jealous. After being offered an unexpected upgrade and $100 off the Maxx I couldn't resist. The battery life is second to none and the lapdock is also very handy to have.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

This is one of the reasons I have been considering selling my Nexus and getting a Maxx. All of my experience with Motorola (X, X2, brief stint with a Razr) all made me feel really comfortable with the handset and drama free. Its hard to describe, but it was just satisfying.

Yeah the Maxx can last 22 hours for me with heavy wifi internet browsing and music with 18% left.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    This is one of the reasons I have been considering selling my Nexus and getting a Maxx. All of my experience with Motorola (X, X2, brief stint with a Razr) all made me feel really comfortable with the handset and drama free. Its hard to describe, but it was just satisfying.
    The X and X2 drama free? really? I seem to remember reading a lot about the various upgrade debacles not to mention the encrypted boot-loader.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    The X and X2 drama free? really? I seem to remember reading a lot about the various upgrade debacles not to mention the encrypted boot-loader.
    Let me rephrase: The bootloader wasn't an issue because I don't really root.

When it came to the entire experience, update included, both of them were some of the best phone ownership experiences I've had. With both I had zero issues, and genuinely liked both handsets.
    Formerly VZWRocks

Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

Let me rephrase: The bootloader wasn't an issue because I don't really root.

When it came to the entire experience, update included, both of them were some of the best phone ownership experiences I've had. With both I had zero issues, and genuinely liked both handsets.
    Gotcha I take it you didn't get pushed the borked DX Gingerbread update. That being the case I agree that Moto devices tend to be pretty worry free.
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    Gotcha I take it you didn't get pushed the borked DX Gingerbread update. That being the case I agree that Moto devices tend to be pretty worry free.
    I actually installed the leak and never had any issues with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    jroc likes this.
    Deluxe Member

It definitely is a drama-free phone for the most part, which is great. Seems that the issues some people do have are either very isolated or not major, PITA issues. True, the phone is still early in the life cycle, but still very nice that things are going smoothly for most owners thus far.

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

Aha!
    Now you're making sense!
    My Maxx is coming tomorrow and I can't wait.
    Nexus just wore me out, 4.0.2, 4.0.4, unlocked and rooted, all the same.

The fastest speed test I have gotten is 26.7Mb down/13.75Mb up. Usually I'm closer to 10Mb down though.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by panerai7 View Post
    Aha!
    Now you're making sense!
    My Maxx is coming tomorrow and I can't wait.
    Nexus just wore me out, 4.0.2, 4.0.4, unlocked and rooted, all the same.
    The nexus isn't wearing me out, but I do know that owning Motorola's better models is a very comfortable experience. Even without ICS I would be very happy with a Max.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    YourMobileGuru likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbayoo View Post
    The fastest speed test I have gotten is 26.7Mb down/13.75Mb up. Usually I'm closer to 10Mb down though.
    Dude that is awesome I get 17mb on average in Chicago....love 4g!