Verizon Unlimited Data Confusion

yuhang

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
The crazy changes to the plan is only good for us normal folks... my reasoning is that the stupid contract prices will only drive away business and make customers leave Verizon. Allowing for the carrier to change it's practices. SO, I say bring on the terrible contracts... soon people will leave and they will learn their lesson.... *sigh* even I know this is impossible...

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If people are crazy enough to spend 700 bucks on a phone your insane..I plan to either go through Ebay or Amazon for my next device because Verizon can shove it as far as me getting rid of my Unlimited Data...they can't make me do anything...I wont be surprised if people end up leaving them after there contracts are up..so..

You are going to pay the hundreds of dollars one way or another to the carriers.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
You are going to pay the hundreds of dollars one way or another to the carriers.

Yes. But buying off contract and keeping unlimited is my way of sticking it to Verizon for once.

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I just updated my phone to 4G phone. Will be here Friday. As we all know after the 28th of June you will no longer be able to keep your unlimited plan IF you upgrade your phone. I wanted the Samsung Galaxy 3 bad but rep said that you had to be under contract with new phone before the new plans take over. Can't get the Galaxy in until the 6th of July which is after the deadline. He said that you aren't actually under contract with new phone until it is activated. I went with the Droid Maxx to make sure I didn't have to give up my unlimited plan. I'm afraid all the preorders for the new Galaxy are going to get busted by the new plan because it will be too late when the phones arrive. After this no more upgrading through Verizon. Will have to buy my future phones outright to save my unlimited.

Sent from my Dinc2 using Tapatalk 2

When I pre ordered my GSIII last week I had to go through the full upgrade process (including choosing a minutes and data plan) I was allowed to keep both (both were grandfathered) as part of the pre order process. So, I have a Family shared minutes plan @ 700 minutes, unlimted data for my smartphone, my wife has a dumb phone and all our plans carried over. I will activate the GSIII as soon as I get it.

buford07

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I hope that Yall are right on the pre-order of the Galaxy 3. Rep said he wasn't 100 percent sure I would lose my unlimited, but I didn't want to take a chance.

buford07

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Next question is can I send the Maxx back when I get it and tell them to order me the Galaxy? I have like 14 days to try out phone don't I?

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
For me the new plans would cost me over $20 more a month. Right now I pay $166 a month incl taxes. I have one smartphone and two dumb phones, 700 min, unlimited data and texts. If I get a subsidized phone and accept the new plans I'd be at $100 for the phones and $80 for data. Since I'm averaging right around 6GB a month. That's $180 BEFORE taxes. And since I already have $16 in taxes in fees tacked on, it safe to say my bill would be around $200 a month. Won't save me a dime. So by buying off contract i can keep unlimited, my family plan and save $30-$40. So that's kinda of what I meant with sticking it to em.

buford07

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Update on talking to Rep. I talked to another rep yesterday and she said that I could pre-order the Galaxy. So when my Maxx comes in I will reject it and call and put the Galaxy on order. Thanks guys for the clarification.

franky311

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I had the option to upgrade early, since my contracted doesn't end till December. The price was 249.99. Then when I got to the checkout screen the gave me an extra $100 off of that for upgrading, making it 149.99 for the 32gb Samsung Galaxy S3.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
For me the new plans would cost me over $20 more a month. Right now I pay $166 a month incl taxes. I have one smartphone and two dumb phones, 700 min, unlimited data and texts. If I get a subsidized phone and accept the new plans I'd be at $100 for the phones and $80 for data. Since I'm averaging right around 6GB a month. That's $180 BEFORE taxes. And since I already have $16 in taxes in fees tacked on, it safe to say my bill would be around $200 a month. Won't save me a dime. So by buying off contract i can keep unlimited, my family plan and save $30-$40. So that's kinda of what I meant with sticking it to em.

I still think people are crazy to spend so much money on a full retail price phone..I'd rather take my chances buying it off ebay/Amazon for cheaper..no way in hell im going through verizon..they can shove it..

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I still think people are crazy to spend so much money on a full retail price phone..I'd rather take my chances buying it off ebay/Amazon for cheaper..no way in hell im going through verizon..they can shove it..

It doesn't necessarily have to come from Verizon.

I've seen the full-retail price for the same phone be different at Verizon, Best Buy, Target, and Radio Shack.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't necessarily have to come from Verizon.

I've seen the full-retail price for the same phone be different at Verizon, Best Buy, Target, and Radio Shack.

No way in hell i would go to Worst Buy for anything...I'd rather shop online and save money to be honest with you..

Gerorne

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
To get this straight, if I'm not eligible to upgrade until August, that means that I'm just going to have to purchase my next phone at full price to keep my unlimited plan right? I can accept that I missed the deadline to upgrade, now I'm just wondering since I only have a 3g phone (Dinc), will there be a point where if I get a 4g phone that I won't be able to keep unlimited data regardless if I pay full price or not?

I'm wondering if I should just pay full price for a Razr Maxx right now to get a 4g phone, or just wait as long as I want to pick up one later. Either way I'll be paying full price, it's just that the longer I wait, the more phones will improve.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
To get this straight, if I'm not eligible to upgrade until August, that means that I'm just going to have to purchase my next phone at full price to keep my unlimited plan right? I can accept that I missed the deadline to upgrade, now I'm just wondering since I only have a 3g phone (Dinc), will there be a point where if I get a 4g phone that I won't be able to keep unlimited data regardless if I pay full price or not?

I'm wondering if I should just pay full price for a Razr Maxx right now to get a 4g phone, or just wait as long as I want to pick up one later. Either way I'll be paying full price, it's just that the longer I wait, the more phones will improve.

As of now Verizon does not distinguish between 3G and 4G in the billing system or in reference to the data plans. That can change, but as long as you are paying full price I doubt it will.

Reactions: Gerorne

Gerorne

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply... but I was so impatient that I couldn't resist, and bought one through amazon for full price. Battery life *is* important to me. Right now my Dinc doesn't last all day thanks to the building I'm in when I'm at work. If the Maxx HD gets less battery life than the Maxx, maybe I won't want it.

If the reviews say it's just as comparable all around with the better screen (and I really want a better screen, because that really doesn't seem all that important to me), or I want the Note 2 or whatever else, I figure I can just sell the Maxx and get most of my money back.

I convinced myself that it's better to just get a phone now with the number one feature that I've been wanting since I bought my first smartphone (Treo 650), rather than wait who knows how many months for a phone that may or may not give me what I want.

mlbyanks11

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply... but I was so impatient that I couldn't resist, and bought one through amazon for full price. Battery life *is* important to me. Right now my Dinc doesn't last all day thanks to the building I'm in when I'm at work. If the Maxx HD gets less battery life than the Maxx, maybe I won't want it.

If the reviews say it's just as comparable all around with the better screen (and I really want a better screen, because that really doesn't seem all that important to me), or I want the Note 2 or whatever else, I figure I can just sell the Maxx and get most of my money back.

I convinced myself that it's better to just get a phone now with the number one feature that I've been wanting since I bought my first smartphone (Treo 650), rather than wait who knows how many months for a phone that may or may not give me what I want.

Honestly..your nuts paying full price..secondly...it really doesn't take a whole thinking process of what phone to get..usually I get a phone and stick with it for 2 years or 3 if possible..If it works it works..I love my razr maxx and tend on keeping as long as possible..its 4G LTE..its a droid it does what apple iphone can't...etc..thats that

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If it works it works..I love my razr maxx and tend on keeping as long as possible..its 4G LTE..its a droid it does what apple iphone can't...etc..thats that

And people thought Apple had the best marketing... lol

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly..your nuts paying full price..secondly...it really doesn't take a whole thinking process of what phone to get..usually I get a phone and stick with it for 2 years or 3 if possible..

Paying full price does not make a person crazy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkilDS