Question Need help, not receiving software updates in new s24 plus phone

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Actually, he reposted the image. It's GCF. Which is like I said previously. We were all dyslexic in reading it.

GCF/GCF,GCF/ATT. I guess that is because he is on AT&T in UAE. If he was in the US, it should Say XAA/ATT,ATT/ATT, or something close to that.

AT&T has a large international network. Where I work, all of our WiFi hotspots AT&T and they are provisioned for international roaming. We have people travelling internationally regularly.
GCF/GCF,GCF/ATT
The 4 letters means it's esim capable so the 3 that says GCF means the carrier the last letter tells where the device originated in OP case it's Att device if it had XAA at the end then it would be from Samsung unlock version.

I never seen Att CSC overseas , for T-Mobile yes

J0SH

May 3, 2024
Visit site
You can try to use it as proof but be persistent on the return , you said Amazon you got this ? Why did you pick a US version? You're not in the US correct?
I wanted a snapdragon version but little did I know even if its "unlocked" its not truly unlocked. I am trying to get a refund from amazon right now.

Reactions: mustang7757

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
GCF/GCF,GCF/ATT
The 4 letters means it's esim capable so the 3 that says GCF means the carrier the last letter tells where the device originated in OP case it's Att device if it had XAA at the end then it would be from Samsung unlock version.

I never seen Att CSC overseas , for T-Mobile yes
If it is an AT&T model it would. The CSC is baked into the firmware. It would show as AT&T regardless of the SIM. (Remember the guy in San Diego in another thread?)

Back to a previous post. How was it possible to flash an S23 firmware onto a S926U without unlocking the bootloader?

To thicken the plot. There is no such animal as an SM-926U/DS. There are SM-S926B/DS and SM-S926E/DS models though.

SM-S926B, SM-S926B/DS, SM-S926U, SM-S926U1, SM-S926W, SM-S926N, SM-S9260, SM-S926E, SM-S926E/DS

@J0SH Since you got it on Amazon, I suggest returning it. As we start pulling threads, it seems this is not what was advertised as.

Last edited:
Reactions: J0SH

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If it is an AT&T model it would. The CSC is baked into the firmware. It would show as AT&T regardless of the SIM. (Remember the guy in San Diego in another thread?)

Back to a previous post. How was it possible to flash an S23 firmware onto a S926U without unlocking the bootloader?

To thicken the plot. There is no such animal as an SM-926U/DS. There is a SM-S926E/DS though..

SM-S926B, SM-S926B/DS, SM-S926U, SM-S926U1, SM-S926W, SM-S926N, SM-S9260, SM-S926E, SM-S926E/DS

@J0SH Since you got it on Amazon, I suggest returning it. As we start pulling threads, it seems this is not what was advertised as.
I'm pretty sure you can flash just the CSC without touching the bootloader but yes definitely return it is the best option otherwise worse case scenario I have them flash the unlock firmware

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you can flash just the CSC without touching the bootloader but yes definitely return it is the best option otherwise worse case scenario I have them flash the unlock firmware
Hmmm... I'm not so sure. Since the CSC is baked into the firmware. At least I think it is. Must do some more research on this. This has twigged my cyber senses.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm... I'm not so sure. Since the CSC is baked into the firmware. At least I think it is. Must do some more research on this. This has twigged my cyber senses.
I have done it in the past , not sure if they lock that down now because no need for me to do so

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Yeah. People who live in countries with oppressive governments can do it to add a little more protection. Especially if they are part of a dissident group.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Plus why the service provider shows an s23 instead of s24 so it must still stand you can flash flash CSC as I pointed out in screenshot of OP. No other logical way that can happen and model number

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Plus why the service provider shows an s23 instead of s24 so it must still stand you can flash flash CSC as I pointed out in screenshot of OP. No other logical way that can happen and model number
Agree. It is still weird though. I thought CSCs were region/country specific, and not model specific.

Are CSCs specific to Samsung devices? I can't seem to find any CSC references for non-Samsung products.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Agree. It is still weird though. I thought CSCs were region/country specific, and not model specific.

Are CSCs specific to Samsung devices? I can't seem to find any CSC references for non-Samsung products.
I don't think you can change CSC on non Samsung devices unless they have a tool like Odin, like Google for example has a flash tool (Android Flash tool]but it's the whole image so I'm not aware that they can change CSC and One Plus has a flash tool called MSM which I converted my One Plus 7 global single sim to the dual sim.

Samsung in my opinion is the easiest with Odin out of any of the Android devices to use and get the hang of and easiest to restore firmware when something goes wrong.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Village_Idiot

Oct 9, 2023
Visit site
Someday I will get another phone just to mess around with. Not for development purposes, just to try stuff and see what happens. I won't do any rooting. Since most users don't root, it would be a great device to try to replicate common problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahholbrook122