Chrome on ICS

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody figured out how to set a home page in the final release of Chrome? The directions given in the "Help" sections are not possible on my Maxx since there's no home option in settings and the little "wrench" icon mentioned is nowhere to be found.

Sent from my Verizon 4G RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I havent found anything either. But i did find something a little funny. When looking in settings on chrome and selecting developers tools. In Enable Tilt Scrolling it says allow scrolling by flinging the device. Hope no none trys to throw there phone. haha.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have my computer set to Google by default so I wouldn't know if this works. If you sign into your Gmail on Chrome on both the phone and PC, will the home page sync too?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have my computer set to Google by default so I wouldn't know if this works. If you sign into your Gmail on Chrome on both the phone and PC, will the home page sync too?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

That sounds like it should work. maxman1 whats your home page on your computer set to?

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like it should work. maxman1 whats your home page on your computer set to?

I do have Chrome on the PC and this has crossed my mind as well. I have not logged in as yet but I will tomorrow. Since Google is making a big deal out of the PC-to-Mobile sync I'd bet that's the deal and the mobile help files are just not up to speed for the latest version of Chrome yet. I'm going to do a little house cleaning on the PC before syncing...I have no need for the hundreds of IE and other favorites ported to the desktop by Chrome to wind up on my phone and it's likely an all or nothing deal. I would have preferred file sync ability but with control elements on either over individual settings for sync. Oddly, either Google didn't call or I missed it. :D

Thanks guys. I was leaning this way and you've spurred me enough to sort through the junk and dive in. I'll repost when the results are in.

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I do have Chrome on the PC and this has crossed my mind as well. I have not logged in as yet but I will tomorrow. Since Google is making a big deal out of the PC-to-Mobile sync I'd bet that's the deal and the mobile help files are just not up to speed for the latest version of Chrome yet. I'm going to do a little house cleaning on the PC before syncing...I have no need for the hundreds of IE and other favorites ported to the desktop by Chrome to wind up on my phone and it's likely an all or nothing deal. I would have preferred file sync ability but with control elements on either over individual settings for sync. Oddly, either Google didn't call or I missed it. :D

Thanks guys. I was leaning this way and you've spurred me enough to sort through the junk and dive in. I'll repost when the results are in.

I attempted doing this by setting my Chrome-PC browser to Yahoo and my phone didn't accept it. If I recall correctly, my phone used to open Google. As it stands now, my phone, even after a reboot, opens a screen and shows me either my bookmarks or my open Windows on Chrome. Upon closing these windows on Chrome-PC, the windows that I closed disappear within seconds once it syncs back up in real-time. I don't know about anyone else, but I find this to be quite useful as there have been instances where I will be in the middle of something and I have to get up while my PC is still running. Google now allows me to take these pages on the go without looking for the webpage all over again and that's a huge advantage in my opinion.

I don't have much time to mess around with it right now but I wish I had an explanation as to why my phone no longer opens up a web page once it was switched to Yahoo from my PC. It's quite odd if you ask me.

Edit: I guess Google never opened up for me but rather the recent pages screen. I just uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled it and the page still goes to the recent pages screen. I must have been thinking of the standard browser so that's a bummer. It's no big deal for me as I usually use the address bar as a Google search engine anyway but not everyone prefers this. I'll mess around with it some more but I don't see a solution right now.

Last edited:

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Well, the sync & all worked as advertised but the browser still opens to last page open. This may not bug everyone but it sure does me. Just MHO, but I don't think it's ready for prime time yet, sync or no sync. I find it no faster than Dolphin HD and much more cumbersome to navigate.

Do I understand running the 215 leak provides you a Chrome home page option? I'm dumping it for now but if the normal basic functions are rolled into future android or Chrome update I'll give it another run.

Reactions: bradenfontaine

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I havent found anything either. But i did find something a little funny. When looking in settings on chrome and selecting developers tools. In Enable Tilt Scrolling it says allow scrolling by flinging the device. Hope no none trys to throw there phone. haha.

Rofl....I would crack up!

Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx

electriclineman

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha i thought it was just me not knowing how to use Chrome Mobile.. Lol.. So you can NOT set a home page on it.. Ok now i know i am not crazy.. Well............i am crazy but at least i know its not just me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha i thought it was just me not knowing how to use Chrome Mobile.. Lol.. So you can NOT set a home page on it.. Ok now i know i am not crazy.. Well............i am crazy but at least i know its not just me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Well, I'm not saying it's not possible but I sure can't.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Just to put a point on this thread...

I stumbled onto a really slick & polished version of the stock browser, "ICS Browser+" in the Play Store. So far, it blows Chrome away in form & function and IMHO, maybe better than Dolphin HD (which is excellent) as well. For those like me who just want a good, fast, browser that can be easily customized for convenient surfing and don't need it to be synched to the PC it's well worth a look. I love the ability to control all browser functions with just a gesture.

4c6b33b9-0848-90f2.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo