Just a heads up.. Go SMS Pro not receiving pictures!

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up, if you are using the newest version of Go SMS Pro on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4, you will more than likely not be able to receive picture messages.

Just To Let All You Know :)
-Isaac-

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using GO SMS version 4.56 with the stock text messaging app disabled and have no issues receiving pictures.

Check the "Important Tips" menu option in Advanced Settings. There's an an option called "Stock SMS uninstalled?" that you may want to check . . . No pun intended :)

Last edited:

FireMedic559

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, forgot about that. Still pissed that my fb avatars don't show anymore and they have had two updates without fixing

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Diordna11

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
My business partner and I both have Maxx's with Go SMS Pro and both with the stock SMS disabled. He can't get pictures and I can. He called Verizon and they told him they had been flooded with calls about this problem and they had him uninstall GO SMS and go back to stock. No further problems.

boflexx

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just got the Samsung S3 and not getting the pics thru the latest GO SMS Pro. Is there a fix for this? Is their something in settings i need to change?

Any help is appreciated. I hate just seeing symbols instead of the smiley.
Thank you

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just got the Samsung S3 and not getting the pics thru the latest GO SMS Pro. Is there a fix for this? Is their something in settings i need to change?

Any help is appreciated. I hate just seeing symbols instead of the smiley.
Thank you

No, sadly it is Go SMS that's causing the issue. Sorry:(

Reactions: boflexx

isaacdibb1095

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
My business partner and I both have Maxx's with Go SMS Pro and both with the stock SMS disabled. He can't get pictures and I can. He called Verizon and they told him they had been flooded with calls about this problem and they had him uninstall GO SMS and go back to stock. No further problems.

You may not be updated and he may be. If you both updated, you will probably have the same issue. Sorry:(

andonakis

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I was done with third party sms for a while now. Been having issues mentioned in this thread and then some. I stuck with stock and never had issues.

Steve Behrens1

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Just a heads up, if you are using the newest version of Go SMS Pro on Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4, you will more than likely not be able to receive picture messages.

Just To Let All You Know :)
-Isaac-

Yep...and nearly 3 years later this is STILL a problem. Go SMS has made no attempt whatsoever to fix this problem. The biggest pain about all this is I have made several attempts to contact them by email and through their Facebook page (all negative FB posts get deleted by them within hours so all you ever see on FB is people gushing about their product) regarding this same problem and they completely and totally ignore every single one. Not a peep from them. Nothing. They charge a hefty price for their program and all attempts to get a refund are ignored as well. If you want to be able to get pics in texts and/or if you value having customer service after you pay them the hefty price...Go SMS is NOT the program for you. I'm going through Google to get my money back from these fools and going to try Handcent or one of the many others out there. One of them has to have customer service.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress