Patch here, getcha ics patch?

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I've not searched yet but I plan on after this looking for information on ics patch release date. Anyone heard when approximately maxx owners will see this Ics patch.

morjoie

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Last week, I saw an article in the blog, "Gotta Be Mobile" that said the ICS patch is delayed until early to mid-September. Apparently, so many bugs need to be worked out that testing will take longer than originally thought. However, I have not seen confirmation of this from any other source, so I offer this FWIW. ..

Ironically, I got an email today from Verizon, saying that the upgrade to ICS is available...only a month after ICS was sent out!

Sigh...:banghead:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Do Motorola even officially announce a patch? Last I heard it was only reported to the soak testers as being worked on.... So who really knows.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I love the layout of ics, but like most, im not getting near the battery life is was getting with gingerbread, i wish those who wanted to go back to gingerbread, could.

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually not having battery issues as much as just little annoyances (rebooting, FCs, etc). I still look forward to the update whenever it comes out. I'm not expecting JB until end of year at the earliest.

rbess1965

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing changes in my call quality. I now have a background hiss or crackling sound. Not all the time, just intermittently. Had the first drop call ever this morning too. IDK, it's all just so disappointing at times. This was such a great phone. Now it's more like your average Samsung and that's not cool.

Message brought to you by the amazing Droid Razr Maxx

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing changes in my call quality. I now have a background hiss or crackling sound. Not all the time, just intermittently. Had the first drop call ever this morning too. IDK, it's all just so disappointing at times. This was such a great phone. Now it's more like your average Samsung and that's not cool.

That's exactly how I feel about this phone, it went from bad ass to sucks ass phone.

maxman1

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
havent had any issues, must be a limited audience

This. The problem ratio always seems worse on forums since happy owners have fewer reason to post. As example, I charged last night @ 15% after 3 days (44+ hours) of use with 7 hours of screen time. I've not experienced any of the horror stories and my hope is that the upcoming "fix" doesn't break anything. No doubt, some folks have problems but lets hope Verizon & Moto are smart enough to "fix" those with issues without collateral damage to the rest of us.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

Except for the AWESOME battery life!

PeteK01

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Do not diss ICS on the Maxx...some people people here will think that you are kicking their mamma in the groin if you do that...

:D

abnikki

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Both my husband and i are waiting patiently for the patch. We loved are phones prior to ics and hopefully the love affair will continue after the patch.
Gps is not functional on my husbands phone. Mine keeps dropping calls or dialing randomly mid call. Screen constantly freezing. Signal not as strong as was before. Cleared the cache on both phones but that didn't help.
Don't want to wipe the phones until after the patch.
Lets keep our fingers crossed boys and girls.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
my battery isn't as great as it was, random reboots by itself, and my biggest beef is the signal isn't nearly as strong as it was on gingerbread.

beperry1

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing pretty well minus a few small annoyances with things like smart actions. All in all, I'm 93% happy.

Ouch...it's a RAZR, Maxx.

RushNFour

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine is running great with two exceptions, and I'm running the .215 leak by the way. 1) Battery life is worse but not way worse and 2) It still tends to run a bit hot sometimes

Sent from my Razr Maxx

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Err, I just got mine 2 days ago so I don't know if I'm having troubles or not! I updated the software per Verizon salesperson's instructions, but I have nothing to compare against and obviously very few apps loaded. I'd be kinda ticked if the GPS was messed up though, and if signal quality is lower, well, shoot! What'd we buy a $650 phone for if not signal and battery (and screen, and fancy cameras and Skype and.....) ;) Sure glad the company bought mine! ::p

jerry 12

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Last week, I saw an article in the blog, "Gotta Be Mobile" that said the ICS patch is delayed until early to mid-September. Apparently, so many bugs need to be worked out that testing will take longer than originally thought. However, I have not seen confirmation of this from any other source, so I offer this FWIW. ..

Ironically, I got an email today from Verizon, saying that the upgrade to ICS is available...only a month after ICS was sent out!

Sigh...:banghead:

I got that email today to. I hope the update comes out soon , i took a hit in battery life and icons disappear & Gmail bugs plus signal issue.:(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty