After market Chargers

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I seen a few threads from a few months ago about this, but no solution. Last week Verizon sent me a Maxx to replace an overheating Rezound. The Rezound has a different charging port than most phones and it's charger isn't compatible with the Maxx. Verizon sent me a generic replacement charger but the touch screen acts crazy when it is plugged in to it. Has anyone found out what causes this or how to fix it?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I had a cheap charger like that too, that made my Nexus S 4G touch screen act up when plugged in.. No fix for it other than get a better charger with the right voltage/amperage. I suggest buying an OEM Motorola one off eBay or Amazon- they're pretty cheap there.

Amazon.com: Motorola Micro-USB Home and Travel Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: OEM Motorola SPN5689A Dual Port Universal Wall Charger for Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX XT916 / XT913, Admiral / PAX XT603, Atrix 2, DROID RAZR XT912 /HD, Photon 4G, Triumph WX435, Theory WX430, Titanium i1x, i412, XPRT, Droid X2, Clutch + i4

Or pick a generic one if you want, but make sure you read the testimonials before doing so.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like possibly exposed wire on the charger near the connector.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I had a cheap charger like that too, that made my Nexus S 4G touch screen act up when plugged in.. No fix for it other than get a better charger with the right voltage/amperage. I suggest buying an OEM Motorola one off eBay or Amazon- they're pretty cheap there.

Amazon.com: Motorola Micro-USB Home and Travel Charger: Cell Phones & Accessories
Amazon.com: OEM Motorola SPN5689A Dual Port Universal Wall Charger for Motorola Droid RAZR MAXX XT916 / XT913, Admiral / PAX XT603, Atrix 2, DROID RAZR XT912 /HD, Photon 4G, Triumph WX435, Theory WX430, Titanium i1x, i412, XPRT, Droid X2, Clutch + i4

Or pick a generic one if you want, but make sure you read the testimonials before doing so.

Not eBay and Amazon is good unless it's not shipped and sold by Amazon. Fact is eBay is littered with counterfeit OEM products and its not worth the risk.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
True, eBay IS full of bad items, but if a seller has a 99.7% feedback rating, there's a pretty good chance you'll get a good item.. 2/3 of the stuff I've bought for cells has been from there.. The bad one I mentioned wasn't from eBay, but from an airport kiosk.

mrcraft2u

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I would just take the charger back to the closest store and tell them what it's doing. The may just give you another one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

dragonsamus

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed the issue with the screen acting crazy when plugged in with my Thunderbolt. I haven't noticed the issue with my RAZR Maxx.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
True, eBay IS full of bad items, but if a seller has a 99.7% feedback rating, there's a pretty good chance you'll get a good item.. 2/3 of the stuff I've bought for cells has been from there.. The bad one I mentioned wasn't from eBay, but from an airport kiosk.

Incorrect. Wrong. Any other words for this? ;)

A positive seller rating isn't going to save you. I've ordered chargers and Bluetooth headsets from eBay years ago from sellers with 99.9% ratings and it was an obvious counterfeit. Okay, maybe not obvious but a simple Google search clearly showed it with Motorola's website. Such items as a backwards Bluetooth logo, cheaper material on the ear piece and/or ear band, etc. were all red flags. And guess what? It was counterfeit and so were chargers I bought. There is a reason I have not even logged into eBay in years.

coolbreeze

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I would just take the charger back to the closest store and tell them what it's doing. The may just give you another one.

I took it back, they didn't believe me at first that it was the charger causing it. They tried a different charger and it did the same thing. Finally she found a Motorola charger that actually went to one of the phones they had on display and gave it to me. I don't know which Motorola phone it came from or if it even matters, but I do have an official Motorola charger now.

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Incorrect. Wrong. Any other words for this? ;)

A positive seller rating isn't going to save you. I've ordered chargers and Bluetooth headsets from eBay years ago from sellers with 99.9% ratings and it was an obvious counterfeit. Okay, maybe not obvious but a simple Google search clearly showed it with Motorola's website. Such items as a backwards Bluetooth logo, cheaper material on the ear piece and/or ear band, etc. were all red flags. And guess what? It was counterfeit and so were chargers I bought. There is a reason I have not even logged into eBay in years.

Ok, well if the buy it know price was way too good on your "oem" to be true, you probably knew better to begin with. Also, if it shipped direct from China, you probably also knew better. Just because something is on e Bay, doesn't make it likely to be counterfeit if you know the obvious red flags.

anon(18763)

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a Motorola charging cable that came with one of my old Droids and it does the same exact thing. I have like 4 around the house and it's the only one that does it. Makes it impossible to text or anything while connected

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok, well if the buy it know price was way too good on your "oem" to be true, you probably knew better to begin with. Also, if it shipped direct from China, you probably also knew better. Just because something is on e Bay, doesn't make it likely to be counterfeit if you know the obvious red flags.

Shipped from the United States (North Carolina) and was not much cheaper. In fact, Amazon sells for much cheaper and it's the real deal.

...I'm not sure its the seller to blame fully either. They could be selling legit products and whoever their supplier is starts sending counterfeit junk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have a Motorola charging cable that came with one of my old Droids and it does the same exact thing. I have like 4 around the house and it's the only one that does it. Makes it impossible to text or anything while connected

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Does it happen on every phone connected to it?

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I recommend the blackberry play book chargers. I bought one for the car and one for the house. It charges @ 1.8 amps . I have been using them for over 6 months now with no problems.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

I have bought genuine oem chargers not for my razr maxx but for other phone for $3-4, i don't believe it was on ebay either. But even at that price, these were authentic chargers. Both wall charger and car charger
Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX / Atrix Lapdock

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty