HDMI help please

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been searching for an answer and coming up empty. I have two HD tv's in the house and getting same results with both. I'm seeing from my searches that all it takes is connecting the cable up from Maxx to tv, then whatever is on the phone should show up on the tv. I have the TV set to HDMI setting and nothing. One tv says it can't find a connection and the other just does nothing. My source on the tv is selected properly. On the maxx under HDMI setting all I see is an adjustment for overscan.
The connection is obviously not made as my gallery nor anything else works thru the tv.
I'm rooted and running GB and am now checking my frozen apps to see if that might be it. Any ideas appreciated.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Hdmi will only work when you are viewing media that is capable of being shown on the tv. When watching a video there should be a option to display over hdmi, same as pictures.

It's not gonna show whatever is on the screen like home screens and whatever else you are doing.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Hdmi will only work when you are viewing media that is capable of being shown on the tv. When watching a video there should be a option to display over hdmi, same as pictures.

It's not gonna show whatever is on the screen like home screens and whatever else you are doing.

Thanks for responding. I'm not seeing that option you speak of. But, my bigger problem I think is getting the tv to see the Maxx. I don't think I'm going to get anywhere till that can happen. My laptop connects to it fine so I'm thinking the issue is something I'm missing on the Maxx.
And since both tv's are not seeing it then I can sort of conclude the Maxx is not set correctly or something's not enabled on it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I thought Mirror Mode was supposed to duplicate what's on your phone directly on the HDTV. I haven't tried it myself, but here's a quick tutorial video from Moto:

Motorola RAZR: Mirror Mode - YouTube

I'll have to try it myself when I get home to see if I can help troubleshoot.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I thought Mirror Mode was supposed to duplicate what's on your phone directly on the HDTV. I haven't tried it myself, but here's a quick tutorial video from Moto:

Motorola RAZR: Mirror Mode - YouTube

I'll have to try it myself when I get home to see if I can help troubleshoot.
Ahhh! I can't find that damn mirror mode. That's probably what I'm missing. It doesn't pop up like in your vid, thanks for that btw

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah there should be an on screen button or something. I haven't used it or tried but on my droid x that's how it was

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You might need to clear defaults of an app that might control the hdmi if you are not getting that menu that pops up.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Try rebooting the phone and hooking it up again. If that doesn't work, you could always try the old cache partition wipe:

How to Fix Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX Ice Cream Sandwich Issues

Also, are you using the HDMI cable that came with the phone?
Got my Maxx the first week after release, there was no cable included so I picked one up at Best Buy. I've rebooted and cleared the cache and nothing yet. This isn't an ICS option only is it? I'm on GB and rooted.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
The phone in the video is in gb also so I wouldn't think so. Maybe it's a bad hdmi cord?
Never mind I just saw that you said your laptop connects fine.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Try using Netflix if you subscribe to it. That will work out hdmi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Try using Netflix if you subscribe to it. That will work out hdmi.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

That's not the issue. The issue is he can't get the tv to pick up the phone.

If people would read the thread....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The phone in the video is in gb also so I wouldn't think so. Maybe it's a bad hdmi cord?
Never mind I just saw that you said your laptop connects fine.

It could still be a bad HDMI cable. OP said laptop connects fine, but I would guess this connection is using a separate full-sized HDMI cable, since laptops typically don't have micro-HDMI sockets, right?

If you know someone else with a device with micro-HDMI output, see if your HDMI cable works with it. Otherwise, you could buy a replacement cable and see if it works.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Well it would have to be a hdmi to Micro hdmi cord as yes laptops have full size hdmi jacks like a tv.

Hdmi cords can be picky sometimes. I once had one that wouldn't work on my laptop but worked fine with my girlfriends laptop, so it could very well be a cord issue

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Just bought the cord today, which of course doesn't mean squat I suppose. It is diff than the laptop cord. I also am looking at certain apps I have frozen that could be related. Got a boatload to go thru and not for sure how some could be interconnected. I'm starting to lean toward a frozen app as being the connection.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfreeze all of your apps, then try the connection again. If it works, then you could keep mirror mode on and start freezing those apps again, and see if the connection craps out with one particular frozen app.

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Ohhh I thought you were meaning that your laptop picks up your phone. Which now I realize is dumb if me as laptops only support hdmi out and not in.

Use titanium to un freeze everything that's gotta be it as B. Diddy said.,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87