Ready to make the leap

MDsmartphone

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
New iPhone coming out soon.
I think I will finally jump on the bandwagon.
I'm a palm guy at heart. Unfortunately they are dead.
I've been thru a few android devices with the maxx being the best by leaps and bounds..and I am really enjoying my shiny new nexus 7 and of course still have the trusty old touchpad around dual booting.

But the camera situation with all the new Motorola phones, the persistent issue with periodic lagging on every android I have owned, insufficent storage errors, and the app situation still lagging behind iOS...particularly prevalent with children's apps. I think i have to bite the bullet.

I look forward to the day Google reigns in Motorola completely, issues updates on time despite carrier, puts in a top notch camera and makes the app situation better and more consistent across android devices. I was hoping the X or droid maxx would have accomplished some of that but based on reviews across the board I highly doubt it

The nexus 7 shall be my go to android device for the foreseeable future. I just need a more reliable PHONE that's smooth with a great camera.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There's no doubt that the new iPhone will be great in the areas you need most. I'm curious to see what Apple is going to offer as well - not so much for personal use, but because it could raise the bar higher for the rest of the OEMs to step up their game. I like that about new technology. It's what leads to innovative features for everyone to enjoy.

If you do decide to purchase the upcoming iPhone, be sure to stop by and let us know what you think of the device compared to your recent Android devices.

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I swapped my maxx the other day for the ip5. I'm not much of a android person. Im very happy. I was watching some videos last night as for rumored info on the 5s and it looks nice. imo

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I've never been an iPhone guy, building I've been considering making the change. You have everything saved in my Google account...would it transfer over?

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
There are ways to make it sync. When getting your contacts over, all you do is set up email. But instead of setting up gmail through gmail, you set up gmail through microsoft exchange. That brings your contacts over, as well as sets up the gmail account. I personally prefer ios over android, because personally I feel ios is a much more stable OS. Apps in the store are most of the time better than the same apps on android. Apple goes through a process of approval before it puts apps in the store. If a app has issues, and receives enough bad reviews, generally they remove the app until it is fixed. Like the fb app, while the devs are always updating it and most of the time making it worse than before. The fb app on ios IMO runs 10x better.

Now don't get me wrong, I like android when it comes to Motorola phones. They hae the best quality out of android phones imo. I will only own a Motorola android. Now if Moto and apple merged and made a moto running ios I would be set and all over it.

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Ip5 is decent for what it is. I don't use my phones nearly like I use to, or at least while i'm at home. I pulled mine off the charger last night at about 7. and right now its at 34%. Not bad and serves my purpose.

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
There are ways to make it sync. When getting your contacts over, all you do is set up email. But instead of setting up gmail through gmail, you set up gmail through microsoft exchange. That brings your contacts over, as well as sets up the gmail account. I personally prefer ios over android, because personally I feel ios is a much more stable OS. Apps in the store are most of the time better than the same apps on android. Apple goes through a process of approval before it puts apps in the store. If a app has issues, and receives enough bad reviews, generally they remove the app until it is fixed. Like the fb app, while the devs are always updating it and most of the time making it worse than before. The fb app on ios IMO runs 10x better.

Now don't get me wrong, I like android when it comes to Motorola phones. They hae the best quality out of android phones imo. I will only own a Motorola android. Now if Moto and apple merged and made a moto running ios I would be set and all over it.

Thanks...good little write up. I'm still rocking the Razr Maxx...wouldn't mind trying the new Droid Maxx. Still debating about the iPhone.

myersw

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the OP (MDsmartphone) statements. Will have my iphone tomorrow. Hopefully Google/Motorola will get their act together and put out a really great phone until then iPhone will be the way for me. A couple of issues I see with Android phones that iPhones do not have are thanks to Steve Jobs. Steve said you can sell my phone but you cannot load your crap on it. This makes it so that you can update your iPhone with the latest firmware from the Apple site and not wait for the vendors, Verizon, etc, to get around to providing updates. Wife's iPhone 4 can still get updates. My guess we have seen the last update for the MAXX from Verizon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member