Ghost in phone?

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hello My wife got the Razr a couple months ago and has not really had any issues as of yet. Until today that is. I guess she said that with the phone just sitting on her desk not touching it, it starts doing things. From the home screen the apps icon in the right corner opens to the app tray then a random app will open and will then give her the option menu (add home, uninstall etc). That is where it stops. She tried shutting it down but simply would not. It would open the menu for airplane mode, sleep, power off but would not select. It did finally shut down after several trys. She does restart the phone regularly and has restarted today and this continues. Anyone have any ideas? Think it is a software issue or could there be a problen with the touch screen?

Thanks for any help.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Is it wet or moist a bit? Usually sweat messes it up. Even when dried. Some residue might mess with it. Or maybe an app she downloaded.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
try a hard reset (battery pull). Hold the volume - button and the power power button down for about 15 secs till the phone reboots. If no relief take it back and get a new one. My friends Droid 3 would do this a lot. Cant remember any fixes.

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
ok thanks. I do think she keeps it really dry. either in her purse or car. but could be moisture. ill check with her on new apps. Thanks for the help.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello My wife got the Razr a couple months ago and has not really had any issues as of yet. Until today that is. I guess she said that with the phone just sitting on her desk not touching it, it starts doing things. From the home screen the apps icon in the right corner opens to the app tray then a random app will open and will then give her the option menu (add home, uninstall etc). That is where it stops. She tried shutting it down but simply would not. It would open the menu for airplane mode, sleep, power off but would not select. It did finally shut down after several trys. She does restart the phone regularly and has restarted today and this continues. Anyone have any ideas? Think it is a software issue or could there be a problen with the touch screen?

Thanks for any help.

It sounds like it's haunted to me, better call ghost busters. I live behind cemetery and my phone acts up and has weird figures on screen only when I am at home. Phone starts up by itself and I see weird pictures of people I didn't put on phone.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for any help.

Are you using the stock charger?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bumpysig

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
It sounds like a digitizer (touchscreen) problem. This is actually the fourth different Motorola device I have heard of having this problem.