SGSIII vs Droid RAZR HD

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I bought the original RAZR right before the MAXX released, and now there's another version coming. I've really had my eye on the SIII. Which phone do you guys think will be better overall?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

DriveEuro

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Hard to say not knowing the specs... We assume there will be a Droid Fighter (Droid RAZR HD) MAXX, but we don't know. You'd assume that Motorola would realize that the RAZR MAXX was a great success for battery life reasons... but no way to really know.

Unless the SGSIII comes with an extended battery option, I'd go with the RAZR HD. The battery life on these 720p screens is abysmal without larger batteries.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought my DROID RAZR then too...and im happy with it...but im still getting the galaxy s3 ...#1 reason Motorola pissed me off with this whole maxx a month after the Razr then next the DROID fighter...the fact that Samsung and Apple put all of their tech in one phone a year has won me over...(not however getting an iPhone ) I'm a recovering phone addict ...and im no longer buying from a company that either has not identified or will top their flagship phone months later ...so its galaxy s for me ...

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
...the fact that Samsung and Apple put all of their tech in one phone a year has won me over...(not however getting an iPhone )

There has been more then one Samsung phone released this year. Apple is the only one that does it with one and done. The galaxy nexus ain't all that spectacular.

via Razr MAXX

Reactions: Chris.Inc2

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thinking about a razr maxx I love the nexus but the signal isn't great

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the input. I really like my RAZR, but the battery isn't very good in the original. I use 3g mode to keep the battery up longer. If I had the MAXX I wouldn't mind waiting the 2 years for the next big thing. I wish Moto would have made the battery removable.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate the input. I really like my RAZR, but the battery isn't very good in the original. I use 3g mode to keep the battery up longer. If I had the MAXX I wouldn't mind waiting the 2 years for the next big thing. I wish Moto would have made the battery removable.

You should look into the maxx conversion kit. It will give you the back plate, battery, and SIM/micro SD card door. Then your RAZR will be a RAZR maxx. So you'll have the benefits of the larger battery.

via Razr MAXX

mthorn79

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I never understood why people want a removable battery...when U used to have one with a battery, either the battery door would fall off on occasion or dust and lint would get inside the phone via the door. I never once ever ran into the instance I needed a battery pull, there were always an alternative if I needed to reset.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SirGeorgeKillian

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Having an extended battery with the standard as a backup was one reason. Sad part is, my Maxx outlasts both those other batteries on my old bionic...

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I considered the Maxx conversion kit, but I've heard it doesn't fit completely secure. I read that it's almost as good but just not the same.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
If the radios are integrated on the s4 chip does that mean the reception will be the same? My nexus struggles for signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the original RAZR right before the MAXX released, and now there's another version coming. I've really had my eye on the SIII. Which phone do you guys think will be better overall?

For this reason I'm dumping Motorola for a for sure one flagship phone a year deal with Samsung ....no reason the OG Razr users should have been done like this ....If you choose to stay Moto watch out for the Razr HD Star wars edition ...or some other B.S

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
There has been more then one Samsung phone released this year. Apple is the only one that does it with one and done. The galaxy nexus ain't all that spectacular.

via Razr MAXX

Yea but just one flagship phone per year....the Nexus doesn't count ....feel me.. anything less than tge flagship is ok just dont go top it and create phone purchasing insecurity "if i may"

ElaineL

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
i have the droid razr and wish i had gotten the Maxx but did not know about it until too late - am thinking of looking into the new SGSIII - does anyone know a better pro/con that "just one new model per year"

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Until Samsung puts out a phone with better radios I'm sticking with Motorola phones. I'm in an area without the greatest of signals and had to switch out my Nexus due to poor cellular performance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk 2

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I bought my DROID RAZR then too...and im happy with it...but im still getting the galaxy s3 ...#1 reason Motorola pissed me off with this whole maxx a month after the Razr then next the DROID fighter...the fact that Samsung and Apple put all of their tech in one phone a year has won me over...(not however getting an iPhone ) I'm a recovering phone addict ...and im no longer buying from a company that either has not identified or will top their flagship phone months later ...so its galaxy s for me ...

I hear ya! I fully understand that new phones come out as technology improves but 3 Razr models in 6 months is ridiculous. I went one step further though and got the iPhone 4s.

jl1967

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Until Samsung puts out a phone with better radios I'm sticking with Motorola phones. I'm in an area without the greatest of signals and had to switch out my Nexus due to poor cellular performance.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using tapatalk 2

I have a exact opposite experience. Are there indepent studies to prove that ? Just curiosity kicked im.

Last edited:

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have a exact opposite experience. Are there indepent studies to prove that ? Just curiosity kicked im.

It's called the metz65 can't get a signal study. :p

I went thru 4 Nexus and they all suffered from the same signal problem in the same area. Just being in my living room saw dBm of -120 while my wife's thunderbolt would be at -83 and actually able to receive calls. My Maxx stays in the high 70's and low 80's, as did my X and OgDroid.
Traveling to the next town 30 miles over saw cellular loss of anywhere from 47% to 67%, with the average being in the mid 50's. The Maxx by comparison has been no higher than 3% with the wife's thunderbolt topping out at 4%. I also know several people that had the Samsung Droid Charge and suffered the same signal problems.

Loved my Gnex and wish I could have kept it, but in this area Samsung phones just don't perform well.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.