Random reboots after ICS

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My fiance's Razr was one of the first ones to get the botched ICS OTA update that was fubaring a bunch of phones. She had it factory reset and the correct update installed via USB at a Verizon store and it seemed to work perfectly. After a while (not sure exactly how long as work keeps me away from home), it has started randomly rebooting. Some day's it's not too bad, and sometimes it'll reboot on its own 6-7 times a day. Nothing custom has been done with the phone, and I'm currently making sure all of her apps are updated in case any weren't compatible with ICS. There was a number of them, so it'll take a while on my slow home net so we're not burning through a ton of our data plan. I've also done a system cache wipe via the recovery mode that didn't seem to help. I know "have you tried a factory reset?" is always a common and sometimes legit answer to these sort of questions, but that would be a last resort since we don't have a way to back up saved app data.

So in the mean time, are there any other known issues causing the Razr's to randomly reboot since the ICS update? This wasn't a problem when on GB.

roachman55

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
My fiance's Razr was one of the first ones to get the botched ICS OTA update that was fubaring a bunch of phones. She had it factory reset and the correct update installed via USB at a Verizon store and it seemed to work perfectly. After a while (not sure exactly how long as work keeps me away from home), it has started randomly rebooting. Some day's it's not too bad, and sometimes it'll reboot on its own 6-7 times a day. Nothing custom has been done with the phone, and I'm currently making sure all of her apps are updated in case any weren't compatible with ICS. There was a number of them, so it'll take a while on my slow home net so we're not burning through a ton of our data plan. I've also done a system cache wipe via the recovery mode that didn't seem to help. I know "have you tried a factory reset?" is always a common and sometimes legit answer to these sort of questions, but that would be a last resort since we don't have a way to back up saved app data.

So in the mean time, are there any other known issues causing the Razr's to randomly reboot since the ICS update? This wasn't a problem when on GB.

Cant answer what your going through but have to agree phone was better with Ginger Bread. Every phone I have had and they do an OS update it screws up the phone, they just dont do enough testing before releasing