No camera in Jellybean

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Well, found my first glitch - a glitch that has been reported on elsewhere. Camera has gone missing. So has Gallery. I know that the camera is part of that now, so it was the first thing I checked.

Sigh.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Looks like it's hard reset time. Having never done it before, I'm a little nervous. I know that I won't lose any data and that I can get everything back from Google, but it's the 3rd party stuff that makes me nervous. I've got everything backed up on Titanium. I'm correct that I can just hit backup on that and it will restore everything that Google doesn't, right?

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
PS, I found Gallery and Camera in the "all" area of Apps under settings and they were enabled. But they don't exist in my drawer or any of the other app areas in Settings.

I wonder if this camera thing is the reason why they hadn't intended on pushing out the update to the Razr yet.

TigerWallet

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I've recently updated my RAZR to JB and have not had this issue...have not found any bugs actually.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
PS, I found Gallery and Camera in the "all" area of Apps under settings and they were enabled. But they don't exist in my drawer or any of the other app areas in Settings.

I wonder if this camera thing is the reason why they hadn't intended on pushing out the update to the Razr yet.

Haven't heard about this until you posted it. So I doubt it.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
The camera is there. Make sure your app drawer is set to show all.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

As I wrote in my update, they were indeed there, but not in the drawer (even when it was set to all). They were in the settings app area (set to all). I emptied the cache and then data of the Gallery and rebooted. The Gallery now shows up in the drawer and I've put it on my desktop and it works. However, the stock camera is still missing. I've got 3 3rd party cameras and they are the only ones that show up anywhere OR in the Gallery itself. At least I've got my Gallery back. I rarely used the stock camera anyway. Certainly not worth the hard reset hassle.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Wish I could say the same <g>. Maybe I accidentally deleted it while I was trying to figure it out. I know I've deleted some of my shortcuts that didn't survive the update, including the one for Camera, but that shouldn't have done it. Maybe I deleted it in the app folder by accident. I don't remember doing it, but it's possible as I was trying a lot of things. I know that it was in the all section of the Apps in Settings, but I don't remember it ever showing up in my app drawer. Now that I saved Gallery by clearing cache and data and rebooting, the Camera has even disappeared from Apps in Settings. Weird. <shrug>

scoobyxj

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My camera and gallery went missing too. I cant remember now where I found it, but i had to dig. I also lost my music player and alarms. Still havent found the music player (which I'm going to start a new thread later), but the alarms was in the clock app. So far I'm not to impressed with this Jelly Bean. I'm thinking about doing a factory reboot though and seeing what happens???

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
My camera and gallery went missing too. I cant remember now where I found it, but i had to dig. I also lost my music player and alarms. Still havent found the music player (which I'm going to start a new thread later), but the alarms was in the clock app. So far I'm not to impressed with this Jelly Bean. I'm thinking about doing a factory reboot though and seeing what happens???

Factory reset.

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)